Water levels & flooding

Edit My Images
No
I found this site where based postcode etc you can check the status of water levels/flooding(risk) and see the up to date automated water guage readings.

I thought others might find this useful? :)

Map says we are 422ft above sea level and the nearest river being approx 2 miles distant we should be fine, living atop a hill does have advantages although we tend to get the snow fall if any is going.

Map says we are 422ft above sea level and the nearest river being approx 2 miles distant we should be fine, living atop a hill does have advantages although we tend to get the snow fall if any is going.
Depending on the location and topography, fluvial (run off water) flooding can be a risk in some areas for some houses.

Depending on the location and topography, fluvial (run off water) flooding can be a risk in some areas for some houses.
We are 50 yards off the highest point with lower land all around, not much to run off to us and plenty of room for any that does to keep going.

This was why we got flooded in 2020 - nextdoor neighbour had paved a previously grassed area above us, runoff then flowed across a road and into a place where it could enter the house. We built a low wall that now diverts the flow and all is well again.

I'm pretty safe where I am luckly, but theres a place near me floods every time we get bad rain. Been like for decades, whey they havent done something about it baffles me.

Back