Water Photography

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Just going through my Flickr account I found some of my first (and only so far) water drop shots, taken in November last year, so thought I would share. I have learned and read up a lot on this type of shot and will be giving it another go soon.

Set-up was hand-held with an on-camera YN-467 bounced off the wall. Camera: 500D, Lens 18-55 IS kit. Filled basin of water, controlled tap to drip slowly and fire away... these are 3 of the best/better ones out of 200ish :bonk: a few more on my Flickr as well. These were straight off camera as at that time I didn't have editing software :)

Water Droplets by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like these, really sharp! I read a great article this week about this in a magazine and am hoping to have a play with the whole water drop thing on the weekend using milk and a bit of food coloring. Nice job!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm waterdroplets, either love them or hate them, i usually do the latter BUT i actually like these :) well down ! what lens did you use for these??

Sorry edited original to include the set-up.

Next time I will have a proper coloured background to play with to add some colour to the shots. Use a tripod, probably the same lens as I find it pretty dam good. and off camera flash to bounce from behind proper.

Thanks for the positive comments guys and really glad you both like ;)

Last edited:
Back