Water Rail

Good shot Den, love the reflection, detail is good (y),............ possibly a tad over-sharpened? ............ be interesting to see if anyone else thinks the same :)

Good shot Den, love the reflection, detail is good (y),............ possibly a tad over-sharpened? ............ be interesting to see if anyone else thinks the same :)
Gone very light on the sharpening Phil on this as i noticed it looked over sharp around 100 in PS so drpped it down quite a bit

Fabulous Den still water to die for and as mike pointed out not so oft seen out in the open.

Phil and Mike is there a sharpening halo along the back is that what you are picking up on???? Den I hope this isn't a derail (omg that is bad hangs head),but sharpening and why halos exist has been on my mind of late, . Den it's a wonderful image as is so often with you I'm just really curious about this especially as you have mentioned you have pulled back on the sharpening.

thanks guys

Stu

Hi Stu , when i do my sharpening on all my images i never go under 75 or over 150 on the unsharp mask on the photoshop scale,i move down as i see fit and on this ocassion i did notice that at the top end it was way over ,i then came down to 90 ,obviously it still apears to be over sharpned ....i have some more from the same day ,will have another go and keep note on the sharpening...

Den appreciate the kindness in your reply,cheers buddy! , Although I can't access photoshop yet,(my computer won't support),this is still incredibly interesting and I'm sure i'll learn from this thread. Den as you know i'm way behind all the posters in this thread so can only offer what my eyes can see and I can still see a halo it isn't so apparent to me now but still there,on my uncalibrated monitor. Den i've literally just upgraded my monitor only a little upgrade probably but I appear so be able to see clearer,it's early days. i'm just making these points because I feel all i'm mentioning should be taken with these points in mind.

I hope this helps in some small way Den and more than that you get to the bottom of what is going on,it's a beautiful capture and I'd love you to be able to get the best from it.

take care mate

Stu

Den appreciate the kindness in your reply,cheers buddy! , Although I can't access photoshop yet,(my computer won't support),this is still incredibly interesting and I'm sure i'll learn from this thread. Den as you know i'm way behind all the posters in this thread so can only offer what my eyes can see and I can still see a halo it isn't so apparent to me now but still there,on my uncalibrated monitor. Den i've literally just upgraded my monitor only a little upgrade probably but I appear so be able to see clearer,it's early days. i'm just making these points because I feel all i'm mentioning should be taken with these points in mind.

I hope this helps in some small way Den and more than that you get to the bottom of what is going on,it's a beautiful capture and I'd love you to be able to get the best from it.

take care mate

Stu
Thanks Stu,i was surprised as oversharpening is not normaly something i am guilty off.
May try just lightroom with another one ,see what that looks like

Back