Water refraction

Cracking idea. Great concept for your 52. As Matt pointed out, it could perhaps be a touch sharper. Definitely warrants another go at this. Love it!

What a wonderful idea (y) I love the idea of this :clap: (y)

If I'm being really picky I think that I would like to see some of arrows being a little sharper :thinking:

Matt
MWHCVT

Cracking idea. Great concept for your 52. As Matt pointed out, it could perhaps be a touch sharper. Definitely warrants another go at this. Love it!

Thank you both, I agree about the sharpness but as the droplets spread out the focus point kept changing and unfortunatly I ran out of patience!!:bang:

I will try this again but earlier in the day and not after my first day back at work!!

love it. did you put water drops on to a piece of glass the place over the patterned paper.

how did you do this?

Thank you.

I balanced some glass above a picture that I had printed of the computer. Camera was on a tripod and I used a SB600 flash off camera. I tried using water drops but found that glycerin worked better as it held its shape for a little longer.

The focus was the most difficult as the refraction kept changing as the droplet spread out. I also think when I do it again I wont have as fussy a background as it was tricky arranging the droplets in the correct place to catch the refractions!

I was def pulling my hair out by the end of it!!

Love the picture!
Ive recently watched a video on YouTube doing the same thing and he used RainX wiped over the glass this causes water to bead. Wipe on the glass spray water over the glass using mister spray bottle leave for 10 minutes done the beads will hold their shape. I'm no expert but thought I'd share what I've seen you can get RainX from halfords. Great pic again.

Love it, it's maybe a little grey on the background.. but still a brilliant idea!

Love the picture!
Ive recently watched a video on YouTube doing the same thing and he used RainX wiped over the glass this causes water to bead. Wipe on the glass spray water over the glass using mister spray bottle leave for 10 minutes done the beads will hold their shape. I'm no expert but thought I'd share what I've seen you can get RainX from halfords. Great pic again.

Thanks Stuart I will have a look for Rainx and see if it helps and will have a look on YouTube for the video - thanks for the tip off!

Back