Critique Water spasm G & T

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I’m a complete novice & learning but had some fun with water, glass & a lemon this is not the only shot & got about 20 all different not sure weather this is the best. All shots in manual mode using off camera flash & completely ignored what the camera exposure was trying to calculate & just fiddled around until it looked right any comments criticism welcome.

41D2DD6E-728B-4942-9D9D-234DA3667180 by Marc Freullet, on Flickr

Not sure how to post multiple imiges on here yet? But if you click on the image feel free to browse the others on Flickr!

I tried something similar a few years ago using iron bru and an ice cube. I think you can post up to 6 images, just copy and paste the BBcode from each image and add to your post on separate lines leaving a line or to gap between each.

Looks like a great first attempt to me.
Are you going to edit one of them ?

Gaz

Looks like a great first attempt to me.

Gaz

Thanks for your kind remarks. I would edit if I could & thought of cloning out those stray droplets. I have no idea how to do it or what should be done to improve any further? As said I’m a beginner in photography & as such don’t have a PC or any editing software yet only an iPad with limited editing capacity, Iv only cropped them a little so im trying to get things right in camera first. I’m on a big learning curve, with a lot of experimentation.

Anybody please feel free to edit. I would be interested to see if they could be improved.

I reckon they're worth a look....

just a very quick and dirty edit of the last frame you posted...

Lemon_Glass.jpg

(desaturate the blues to remove the horrible colour cast, paint over some of the extraneous droplets, then a little sharpening magic on the actual glass... all of 3 minutes on a downloaded jpeg, so a proper edit on a RAW file has lots more potential...)

Last edited:
Yeah that looks quite a bit better the blue cast was from the light bulb white balance setting & also
I suspect blue sky through my conservatory roof. If it were me I think I would have kept a few stray drops around the splash at the top of the glass but I agree this is an improvement. Thanks for taking the time to edit.

so a proper edit on a RAW file has lots more potential...)

Yes I agree.
Funnily enough I watched a glass lighting video the other week so I took a few images, as you do.
Needless to say I have not taken them off the camera as yet.
I'm assuming I was not that impessed by them at the time. I'm due to empty the card though so i''ll have to see what became of them.

Gaz

Post processing in photoshop is a complete mystery to me, Iv not ventured into this side of photography yet, fascinating though it is to me. My late dad was actually a very very talented film photographer, which is where my interest stems from. I remember spending hours in his dark room as a kid watching him produce fantastic images from nothing on the enlarger. He always used to say,(edit,..when talking about digital) Aim to get it right in camera first.
Something that I think should still hold true.

Last edited:
Back