Water spots

Name
Morgan Lee
Edit My Images
No
I've got some small water spots on the front of my 24-70 is there a way of getting rid of them.

Think I splashed it when taking drop pics over the weekend, didn't realise till i went to clean it last night and there are some little spots on there that wont come off with my cloth or lens pen :(.

Any ideas?

...a bit of 'Hurrrr' and a lens cloth should shift it - in future put a UV/Skylight filter on - that's what they're for (well you know what I mean...)...better to bugger-up a £25 filter than the lens...

...a bit of 'Hurrrr' and a lens cloth should shift it - in future put a UV/Skylight filter on - that's what they're for (well you know what I mean...)...better to bugger-up a £25 filter than the lens...

Tried "Hurrrrring" on it huff and puff and still can't blow them away :confused: stubern little buggers.

Im hopeing its nothing worse :(

hope the chemicals the water board put in your water haven't eaten into the coatings - tap water is full of nasty chemicals that are supposed to do you good!

Try an alcohol lens wipe if normal cleaning measures haven't shifted them. Sometimes it just takes a bit of perseverence - the "middle" of the spot cleans but the ring remains stubborn to the last. An alcohol lens wipe (or lens fluid from a bottle) will often dissolve that last bit.

Back