Water types

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Sorry for all the questions of late.

So water, for my first few rolls I've used distilled water (as I already had it) to mix my Dev (DD-X) and just regular tap water for stop and fix.

It using distilled water just a bit much, and tap water is perfectly fine?

What what type do you use?

I only use deionised water when I'm mixing chemicals fresh from powder. Rest of the time I use tap water never noticed a problem.

I refuse to expose my film to anything but the most pure water so I tried boiling distilled water to ensure that any bacteria present would be killed off but ended up developing with steam! [emoji23]

OK so I’m pulling your leg.

Tap water is fine......even the wet stuff out of your local river would suffice assuming it’s not frozen!

Back when I did most of my own D&P, it was in a very hard water area so final rinsing was done with distilled (it was at school and they had a water still for the science labs). All the soups were mildly basic/alkaline but seemed to work just fine.

I only use deionised water for my final wash with fotoflo as this means the negs don’t dry with water spots. I could squeegee but don’t believe in it!

I only use deionised water for my final wash with fotoflo as this means the negs don’t dry with water spots. I could squeegee but don’t believe in it!
This. Everything else tap water.

I've used de-ionised water for development, rinsing and fixing, then filtered tap water for the final wash. I adopted this because we occasionally get some particulate matter in the cold water. Could be because our 19th century terrace has shared water supplies between groups of houses, dunno.

Deionised water for the developer and the final rinse, tap otherwise.

I live in a hard water area.

Back