Critique Waterfall at Gordale Scar, North Yorkshire

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
My own personal opinion(which may be completely wrong) is that your white balance is out.
Water looks too blue and the moss looks too green. Were you using a Hi tech filter by any chance?

Last edited:
The water would have been blue if I hadn't used a brush and changed the colour of it.

No filters used.

My own personal opinion(which may be completely wrong) is that your white balance is out.
Water looks too blue and the moss looks too green. Were you using a Hi tech filter by any chance?
:agree: Nice image, It makes me want to look around the corner, which is what you want. But IMHO I think at least the greens need toning down (y)

:agree: Nice image, It makes me want to look around the corner, which is what you want. But IMHO I think at least the greens need toning down (y)

Thanks

Wish I'd put my 10-stop ND filter on ..

I re-processed the image and toned down the green and changed the white balance.

How about this image?
9 exposures
Processed in Photomatix Pro (it's the software I use now for all my HDRs). Then I converted it to black and white.

Used separate brushes for all the waterfalls, brightened them up/added a little clarity.
Masked out the water in the foreground and added some clarity, upped the exposure a little
Darkened the shadows in the whole image.

Janet's Foss, Gordale Scar by Daelpix Photography, on Flickr

Back