Waterfall Timelapse

Rich link is working for me, love the video :) thanks for sharing !

Lovely work
I have tried a couple time and I never found a way to post a video from Flickr so used youtube.

Thanks all. I used to use YouTube and tried vimeo too but it's handy having any videos along with any photos all in Flickr but obviously that then has its drawbacks too.

Great video, very serene

Nice work...a few things I noticed
* a couple of the shots, the camera didn't seem to be level (obviously quite difficult when balancing tripods/sliders/etc around a waterfall)
* the first shot, the rocks in the foreground weren't sharp
* does long exposure/white water work in a timelapse? (a question not a criticism)

Have you done any colour grading to this?

Can't get the video to work I'm afraid, not sure why, is there a link to the youtube version?

that is excellent invho great work Rich and must try

Hi Rich, can see you experimenting with exposure times, very nice ! There is a bit of flicker in the first couple of clips which can be easily sorted, how did you render each clip ? I think number 2 the longest exposure time, for me it doesn't work for timelapse, perhaps a little too long on the shutter ? Nice motion & music works well too

Baz

Thanks again everyone, still getting to grips with the whole timelapse thing.

Nice work...a few things I noticed
* a couple of the shots, the camera didn't seem to be level (obviously quite difficult when balancing tripods/sliders/etc around a waterfall)
* the first shot, the rocks in the foreground weren't sharp
* does long exposure/white water work in a timelapse? (a question not a criticism)

Have you done any colour grading to this?

I forgot the hotshoe bubble level so was struggling with leveling it at ground level. Each clip is a different shutter speed as I was more testing to see what works and what didn't, I don't mind the longest but ideally I think I'd aim for the speed of the final clip in future. I think cars are my next subject though so more trial and error!

They look fantastic and the youtube version shows them off better than Flickr is able to. I'm curious as to what you've shot them on and what kind of slider or similar you've used to get the motion?

They look fantastic and the youtube version shows them off better than Flickr is able to. I'm curious as to what you've shot them on and what kind of slider or similar you've used to get the motion?
Thanks, 1st clip was a GoPro then a Canon 1Dmk4 for the rest. The slider is from Syrp, their 1.6m track.
The opening sequence was really good, although I would have liked to saw it in HD.
What qualifies as HD nowadays, 1080 or is it just 4K? Also how many maps? As you can probably tell this is something I know next to nothing about.

The motion control is beautifully smooth. I use an ifootage Shark slider but haven't played with any motorised system yet.

In response to your question on HD, the standard is still 1080 but I suspect 4K will become more prevalent over the next couple of years.

Thanks, 1st clip was a GoPro then a Canon 1Dmk4 for the rest. The slider is from Syrp, their 1.6m track.

What qualifies as HD nowadays, 1080 or is it just 4K? Also how many maps? As you can probably tell this is something I know next to nothing about.

The video was low-res, I wondered if you had a higher resolution copy that you hadn't uploaded. Thought the opening shot was quite striking but the quality of the clip lessons the experience. No biggie.

Not too what you mean by "how many maps". It's something I know nothing about. Lol

The motion control is beautifully smooth. I use an ifootage Shark slider but haven't played with any motorised system yet.

In response to your question on HD, the standard is still 1080 but I suspect 4K will become more prevalent over the next couple of years.
Could reprocess it to 1080, gopro clip was shot in that. Final file size resulted in it being done at 720. Ah Mbps, helpful autospell!

Back