Waterfalls - Burrator Plymouth

Name
Mike Edwards
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some waterfall shots i took when taking my 17-85mm IS out for the first time. Shots taken at Burrator Reservoir where I got up early in hope of a clear sky with sunrise over the reservoir but sky was too blown out :-(

I was out for 5 hours with new tripod and waterproof boots which both were great.

Click for larger images, hope you like C&C appreciated.

1)

2) Down at the bottom of the dam getting wet but felt it was worth it in the end.

3) Boots came in handy as i stood in the middle of the flow to get this shot.

4)

Last edited:
Groovy - not much C&C required - all good from where I'm sitting (in the dry)

#2 is a particularly dramatic shot - maybe some more drama with a tighter crop - but I'm being picky

#1 I'm afraid doesn't work for me.

#2 You were very unlucky with that sky

#3 Hits all the right notes, although I would like to see bigger versions of them, you can post up to 800 pxs on the longest side.

#4 I think is spoiled by the branch lower left, although I can appreciate it would have been dificult to get into a position where you could avoid it.

I think this is one to go back to on a better day.

4 works for me.. it feels good.. I’m new but I like it.. I've got to admit I just sort of like what I like.. the branch over the top is sort of like arteries over a muscle... it has a power feel.. beyond the aesthetics there’s a moment..... there.,.. a point in time that no one here will ever repeat so I like it.. I would have loved a 2nd picture of the branch overwhelming the background.. but I’m strange lol thanks for posting 

Nice set there #2 my favorite good composition it's just a shame about that sky if it had been blue would have been a lot better well taken.(y)

Back