Undecided Waterfalls in England?

Edit My Images
No
Anybody know any nice picturesque waterfalls in England, preferably within 100 miles of Cambridgeshire. I'm aware that most will probalby be Wales, Scotland or the north, but don't want to drive that far.

It's for a photo shoot with a model so I'm looking for a nice open area where she can stand with the waterfall being the backdrop.

Something like the attached image, but can be any variation on this, so long as there is room for model to stand at least 25 feet in front of it.

Attachments

• ingleton-waterfalls-trail-yorkshire-dales.jpg
    ingleton-waterfalls-trail-yorkshire-dales.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 74
Cant help with England but theres a few crackers near me here in S Wales, ideal for what you want.

High Force in Teesdale is over 200 miles but you could take in something else such as the Bowes Museum which is fantastic and houses the amazing mechanised silver swan.

You have to pay to see the waterfall and the last time we went they'd stopped access to the top of the fall which is very disappointing and of course they still charged the full fee just to see the bottom part. I think the top is still accessible from the Raby castle side.

Last edited:
My first thought was the Ingleton falls walk. Your attachment shows Thornton Force which certainly does have room for a model in front. My second thought was Aber Falls in North Wales. Again there is room for a model. Both of these are nearer 200 miles, but well worth the visit.

The other thing with a really nice looking waterfall is that, especially on a weekend, you're very unlikely to have it to yourself!!

You have to pay to see the waterfall and the last time we went they'd stopped access to the top of the fall which is very disappointing and of course they still charged the full fee just to see the bottom part. I think the top is still accessible from the Raby castle side.
You don't have to pay if you park about half a mile downstream, Cross using the footbridge onto the Pennine Way and approach from the Raby side. Better view anyway.

Waterfall at Virginia Water can be very popular for those Instagram shots when it's sunny but you'll probably have some success in the winter/early spring. Vote for Ingleton Falls - you'll need to walk a bit to reach the best waterfalls which isn't ideal for those with mobility issues, but you'll know when you reach the right falls as it's right before you head up more steps to moorland.

Back