Waterfalls

The first is nice for sure. Second looks like slightly blown highlights in water & sky - or maybe such a long exposure both have lost detail.

The first is nice for sure. Second looks like slightly blown highlights in water & sky - or maybe such a long exposure both have lost detail.

agreed. Any time you see grey or cyan where it doesn't belong you can say "bye bye" to that frame.

First one is actually a lot better composition too. It looks far more engaging rather than just running diagonally from edge to edge.

I would push the black levels back a little bit or maybe just reduce shadow recovery a bit. The shadows have that slightly washed out look. More contrast in general would be nice.

edit: if we have to know the camera model, then we might as well get lens, tripod and filter information too as is displayed in some galleries.

Last edited:
Yes you are correct, i used to long a exposure, did not notice.Will learn from my mistakes.
Try a shorter long exposure next time, you probably don't want anymore than a second on fast running waterfalls as you lose all definition in the water

good first efforts... ive not done much myself but had this clan issue too... it's defo down to too long a shutter speed.

Back