Watergate Bay – Take II

jfb

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I see Richard (OneTen) has been in and posting from the above event – rather than repeat his excellent shots I will try to show a variety of others shots from the event… Most images on my 400 f5.6 - I tried using a 1.4 which was a tad long, plus several are with my 35-350L fitted on my 1DIIn.

1 - I tried panning, not easy as they kept disappearing behind the waves - first attempt...
Zapcat-Watergate-17.jpg

2 - Just about right - I did not realise quite how useful panning was for showing every spec of dust on your sensor!!!
Zapcat-Watergate-19.jpg

3 - The starts are the fun part, getting out through the surf...
Zapcat-Watergate-38.jpg

4 - I fitted a polar filter to enhance the colours - the racing was close
Zapcat-Watergate-45.jpg

5 - there was some contact - this was one of an interesting series...
Zapcat-Watergate-57.jpg

6 - Going past the post
Zapcat-Watergate-31.jpg

Happy to add some more if you are interested – as I have not done this sort of shoot before, C&Cs very welcome…

Still very sad to have missed it though.

There was an earlier round in June, so hopefully next year you will get to one of them!

As you like the contact ones, try these...

Zapcat-Watergate-59.jpg

Zapcat-Watergate-58.jpg

Not quite a contact, but not totally in control
Zapcat-Watergate-41.jpg

What an excellent set of photo's you have there. 3, 5 and 6 are my favourites. The action is superb in all of them. Would be very happy to have these in my collection.

What an excellent set of photo's you have there. 3, 5 and 6 are my favourites. The action is superb in all of them. Would be very happy to have these in my collection.
Thanks for the kind comments - appreciated - a final pair!

Zapcat-Watergate-66.jpg

Zapcat-Watergate-40.jpg

cracking set John.... I still got a load to work through :eek::LOL:

Back