Watergate Bay, Cornwall

For my tastes it's not quite enough of a photo & not quite enough of a painting, but certainly interesting

Thanks Toni, that's exactly what I was after, It will be interesting to see if it works out for many people or not remains to be seen,

Geoff

Last edited:
It has grown on me - on first view this morning I wasn't at all keen, but now I rather like it.

I looked at this on my laptop earlier and thought it was just a case of heavy sea fog. Now I'm looking on a decent monitor I see what you've done. The processing is interesting and quite suits the tones in the rock and the splash of sunlight. The issue I have is actually the composition. I want to look at the rocks but my eye is distracted by the people, and there are so many of them in bright coats I can't settle on one, or another, or that one over there, so I end up looking all over the place and seeing nothing, if that makes sense.

Not for me sorry.

For what its worth I like it.

I find the scene quite eerie, the light colouring and clouds make it "nice" to look at. The rocks, the people make the shot "interesting" to look at, I find I am looking quite closely at the detail.

Great shot..............

Looking great
It's a true use of the static made dynamic

The rocks look like they have had solarization applied....I quite like the effect, it makes it look like a glass-plate image. However, I would get rid of the red in the various bits of clothing; maybe completely de-saturate the reds in the part of the image with people.

Thanks one and all, Im so please there is a vast difference of opinions, after all thats what we strive for? its when nothing is said we need to worry. Thanks again, I really do appreciated it,

Geoff

Thanks one and all, Im so please there is a vast difference of opinions, after all thats what we strive for? its when nothing is said we need to worry. Thanks again, I really do appreciated it,

Geoff

just one more post old chap...then 1K
cheers

Back