Watery Steps - Seascape

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
One from tonight, this area is literally 4 minutes drive from my house. I did shoot what I thought was better composition but it's taken a whole heap of PP to make this image that I gave up on the rest of the mages I shot. It was billed in the eBay listing description as a great variable ND blah blah blah but it's terrible and gives inconsistent ND across the frame. Now packaged up and ready to go back tomorrow!

Pentax K5ii | DA* 16-50mm @ 16mm | f16 | 25 seconds | ISO 100

17698143344_14d7b87db1_c.jpg

Wonky horizon.
The shot is not really my cup of tea, but I think it is better with the sky cropped out.

My kind of shot - love that sea. As its near to home try getting lower and losing the sky. Feel there is a better shot to be had here, not that what you have shot is rubbish just better from another angle perhaps with the steps coming into frame from the right hand corner. That's just my thoughts I'm no expert just learning like others on here.

I like these type of shots. The reflection in the puddle really adds to this. Only thing I would say is like the others that perhaps framing it without the sky in would be better.

Thank you all. I did have a few alternative compositions without the sky but they were unusable due to the poor filter quality making a dark X shape pattern through the image :(

Will be going back with a big stopper instead to put pay to that!

Thank you all. I did have a few alternative compositions without the sky but they were unusable due to the poor filter quality making a dark X shape pattern through the image :(

Will be going back with a big stopper instead to put pay to that!
I (briefly) had one of those cheap variable ND filters and it was rubbish - similar "X" pattern problem that you mention.
I returned it and now use a Heliopan 77mm ND3 ("10 stop") screw in filter, which is great.

With so few elements in the shot....the horizon needs to be bang on straight.

Back