Waxwings Are On Their Way (2011 Sightings Only Please)

Blumin eck Dave you kwow iam dysleksic - I thought you said Horwich

Regards

Mike

:LOL: I'll pm you if I see or hear of them around our way (y) Neil's been to Barrow the trees have dropped most of their berries, I went to look in Parker st Chorley today all the berries are on the ground, Ive not checked out Horwich yet

Saw about 15 or so in Sheffield this afternoon. Too far away and too dark for a picture though.

Ecclesall rd area.

tlr said:
Saw about 15 or so in Sheffield this afternoon. Too far away and too dark for a picture though.

Ecclesall rd area.

Cool. Live not far from Eccy road and they normally come up this way. There is hope this year for me seeing then yet :)

The Norwich flock are fairly easy to see but the area they feed in is constantly in shade which isn't great for photos. The lack of waxwings in the UK while not great for those of us wanting photos is good news for the birds as they only arrive in large numbers when bad weather and lack of food force them over. So a good waxwing year for us in the UK is a bad year for the birds.

all Waxwing reports from Birdguides today...

16:43 14/12/11 Waxwing Suffolk Ipswich
30 still in the car park by the Garrett Anderson building at Ipswich Hospital mid-afternoon
16:42 14/12/11 Waxwing Suffolk Woodbridge 15:30
20+ at Seckford Hall junction
16:40 14/12/11 Waxwing Suffolk Martlesham
15 in The Square
14:38 14/12/11 Waxwing Lothian Edinburgh
90 between George Watson's College and the Royal Edinburgh Hospital early afternoon
13:18 14/12/11 Waxwing W Yorks Huddersfield 13:00
five near the depot at the top of Greenhead Park this afternoon
12:15 14/12/11 Waxwing Suffolk Ipswich
30 at Ipswich Hospital today

sightings in
Lockerbie,Penicuik, and Jarrow 17/12

30 Waxwings*this morning (17/12)on Dundee Street(Edinburgh) in an office car park near junction with Yeaman Place(Edinburgh) at 10.45am. In Penicuik a single Waxwing*flew NW over Cuiken Terrace this a'noon.

yay! Loads of sightings all over according to various reports, but just seen one saying -

"Spotted two Waxwings this afternoon, at entrance to Bolehill Recreation Ground on Northfield Avenue, Sheffield (S.Yorks)"

Now to work out where that is?!?!

yay! Loads of sightings all over according to various reports, but just seen one saying -

"Spotted two Waxwings this afternoon, at entrance to Bolehill Recreation Ground on Northfield Avenue, Sheffield (S.Yorks)"

Now to work out where that is?!?!

Yeah heard they were in Sheffield now still none in Lancs as yet

Six of these have been at Kirk Hallam near Ilkeston Derbys for about a week. Here's a couple from yesterday, light was poor.

_MG_2002.jpg

_MG_2076.jpg

Back