Wayhey!! Let's join the HDR posting party!!

Edit My Images
Yes
Havning seen #13 and BigAnt posting their amazing HDR shots, I feel like joining the party and sharing my different vision. Well, I know my vision quite well, but how about yours?

Let's start a HDR posting thread relating to cars and motorsports!!
Here are the simple rules:
1. Post one photo at a time and give your photo a title!
2. Your reply must include a different HDR shot of yours no matter what.
3. If you want to share more fantastic HDR shots in your collection, you have to wait until another replier posted his/hers.

Right, let me start first.

Evo 8 and the shadow
LR1--2956And2moresq1.jpg

A shot I took on the Mid Wales rally last year with subtle hdr

ANT15329a_b_.jpg

The original
ANT15329-4.jpg

Strong hdr
ANT15329a_b_forum.jpg

Ant

Last edited:
Eugene Donnelly, Galway 2007

]
Click for larger 1280px version

Fantastic timing, focus and colours Big Ant!! There are plenty of details too!! The stones flicking around the wheels are amazing!!

And I like the HDR effect on your shot mole2k!! Like the contrast to give extra attitude to the subaru!!

Panning R32 in HDR

Ant, that hardly looks like its had any HDR would be interested to see the original.

Cracking photo though a lot more atmosphere in it compared to most Sweet Lamb jump shots you see! (y)

Stephen, really like that, would be interested in what settings and PP you applied to it? Love your other work on Flickr btw, some awesome shots there that really capture the atmosphere. ;) :clap:

Cheers,

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments on my flickr rally stuff :D

The shot from Galway if im honest I would find it quite hard to say what exactly I did on it because it was so long ago.

I did a normal hdr with -2,0,+2 from the raw file then overlaid the original in softlight blend mode. Then I blurred the background a bit more dropped the saturation down a fair bit, playing with the individual saturation too and added a warming photofilter.

Here's another one from Galway, this time a year later. This is one shot that the 32bit version before tonemapping looked exactly how I wanted the image so then I just had to adjust the settings to get it looking like the 32bit version!

2242357964_4e565808dd_o.jpg

Last edited:
Ant, that hardly looks like its had any HDR would be interested to see the original.

Cracking photo though a lot more atmosphere in it compared to most Sweet Lamb jump shots you see! (y)

Just added a few variations for you Jim. I do prefer the real subtle stuff but then again the strong stuff works from time to time;)

Ant

Fantastic timing, focus and colours Big Ant!! There are plenty of details too!! The stones flicking around the wheels are amazing!!

And I like the HDR effect on your shot mole2k!! Like the contrast to give extra attitude to the subaru!!

Panning R32 in HDR

I really like that, great example

ok im new to HDR, I get the theory behind it overlaying of 3 to 5 images taken at different exposure levels. However! to get a rally or any moving object shot you only get one chance at the shot so how do you capture the different exposures? -2 -1 0 +1 +2 do you use photoshop/elements in the raw format and somehow adjust exposures??? if so could somebody explain how or point me in the right direction love to have a go but just cant seem to work out how.

Thanks guys
rob

You use a raw file to produce the different exposures which gives a similar results although you have to be very careful about noise.

billyd601, like you shot!!

The Forever Beast

LR2--3047And2more2.jpg

Great shot flem!

I thought I would throw another into the mix. I HDR very few actual shots but I tend to do other things in PS that's quite similar so I guess most of my shots would have some aspect of HDR to them by the use of fill light and contrast masks.

Here is an actual HDR'd shot though, I might post some of the other ones later.
2123487472_e7704f9205_o.jpg

HDR Biker.

1st time i've messed with a HDR shot from a track photo, i don't think it looks right.

3349418661_fcf8065c44_o.jpg

Back