Wayne Rooney - total thick plonker or petulant little gob******e?

Well - what is he?

• Total numbnut?

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Petulant gob******e?

Votes: 41 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lynton

awkward customer
Name
Lynton (yes really!)
Edit My Images
No
What a numbnut - either way

Last edited:
good point well presented......... I forgot that option along with about 100 more descriptions... the most witty so far, is

Spray paint him light green and force him to have photo's taken in the Trafford Centre with Kids............ "Meet Shrek £1 - all to charity." If you could get Tevez along as well, you could have "Donkey" as well.

He's basically a yob, who has been gifted with fantastic football ability.

You could take 90 percent of english players in the premiership and they would all be yobs. Those that are not yobs you would not leave alone with your wife or girlfriend.

You could take 90 percent of english players in the premiership and they would all be yobs. Those that are not yobs you would not leave alone with your wife or girlfriend.

Wouldn't mind being left alone with some of their wifes and girlfriends :D

Wouldn't mind being left alone with some of their wifes and girlfriends :D

Unless you get paid 1000's per week and can get them in every glossy on the stand and to into the best nightclubs you aint got a chance:LOL:

The women they have are nearly as pea brained as them to with them in the first place.

Just my opinion mind you :p

You sure - yob agreed - fantastic football ability - his performances over the last few England games I'd disagree.

He's just a scouse w****r who needs a smack in the mouth - all due respect to all other scousers

You sure - yob agreed - fantastic football ability - his performances over the last few England games I'd disagree.

He's just a scouse w****r who needs a smack in the mouth - all due respect to all other scousers

Actually thats probably not true if the newspaper stories of night
time shenanigans are to be believed at too many pounds a night

Quote from the footy forum I go on
What the FA should be asking is why, the English "star" of the Premier League, paid £1m a month, wife & kids, nice house, cars etc living the life of a movie star without having to do a proper job but, instead, living the dream of most normal blokes in the land.................... can't crack a ****ing smile the miserable fat-headed gob****e. FFS, if he's that ****ing unhappy, they should send the b***end to Japan for two weeks to show him what a bad year really is, the self righteous spolit, over paid, mollycoddled, ****.

Nail on head that really. He's getting £250k a week which works out at £13m a year and he acts like a spoilt brat if things aren't going his way. Needs to spend a month in Helmand Provence with the boys doing IED finding, that should bring him down to earth!!!!

Nail on head that really. He's getting £250k a week which works out at £13m a year and he acts like a spoilt brat if things aren't going his way. Needs to spend a month in Helmand Provence with the boys doing IED finding, that should bring him down to earth!!!!

Sorry was going to put a poor taste reply then - thought better of it as would not want to disrespect those that do(y)

So all the 'swearing' in this thread...is that any better than Mr Rooney's behaviour?

I don't condone swearing anywhere - even if it asterixed out! (Have I invented a word?)

As per usual, a scapegoat is made and everyone else is a saint.

A St Helens Lad :D
hand6.gif

The missus just saw that, she's from St Helens, your name just made the list! :LOL:

So all the 'swearing' in this thread...is that any better than Mr Rooney's behaviour?

I don't condone swearing anywhere - even if it asterixed out! (Have I invented a word?)

I'm inclined to agree.

My apologies to you and any others who may be offended at the asterixes, (that must be a new word as well), however,

I do not get paid too many pounds a week to be shown on TV kicking a ball around and showing gross immaturity. Nor am I a 'role model', (I use the term loosely), to possibly millions of kids some of whom appeared on the local news showing more maturity than the subject.

The guy obviously has ability but that does not give him the right to act the way he does in public and expect not to be criticised.

I am not a saint - but, like you, I am entitled to my opinion;)

Totally agree :clap:

My apologies to you and any others who may be offended at the asterixes, (that must be a new word as well), however,

I do not get paid too many pounds a week to be shown on TV kicking a ball around and showing gross immaturity. Nor am I a 'role model', (I use the term loosely), to possibly millions of kids some of whom appeared on the local news showing more maturity than the subject.

The guy obviously has ability but that does not give him the right to act the way he does in public and expect not to be criticised.

I am not a saint - but, like you, I am entitled to my opinion;)

Of course it does. If you or I did that during our course of work it would be instant dismissal. He's got talent. That will overcome any of his shortcomings. 'Tis a sad society we live in.:(:shake:

Ironically, he says this during a game where the crowd were chanting a fair few swear words (Which happens in most matches, Referee's a what?)

And Doog, if you got an instant dismissal for swearing in your work, then I'd seriously question where you do work?

Ironically, he says this during a game where the crowd were chanting a fair few swear words (Which happens in most matches, Referee's a what?)

And Doog, if you got an instant dismissal for swearing in your work, then I'd seriously question where you do work?

Well I would if it was at TV cameras and without good reason. I'm not excusing crowds here but Rooney has to know better surely? Least of all when his mum might be watching. Would that not be enough. Let's just face the fact he's an idiot, and be done with it.

Well I would if it was at TV cameras and without good reason. I'm not excusing crowds here but Rooney has to know better surely? Least of all when his mum might be watching. Would that not be enough. Let's just face the fact he's an idiot, and be done with it.

I'm in this thread and there's no need for swearing but there is :/ What Rooney did was wrong, heck fine him. But give him a month ban as someone said is just stupid. But the way the media, and a few people have portrayed football makes it seem like there's never been swearing in football and it's a rare occurrence.

95% of Late night TV entertainment presenters swear at he camera in the workplace with NO good reason - are they sacked ........

Just because it is after the watershed does it mean I want to listen to swearing.

No wonder talk radio is on the increase.

Like I said earlier....scapegoat.

I dont think hes a scapegoat. He swore down a camera on a sunday lunchtime. Deliberately went up to it and did it,not just something "caught on camera" which is somewhat different.

He made a choice to do that. He knows better. He will have to accept his punishment. It's no more than anyone else get if they did that.

I dont think hes a scapegoat. He swore down a camera on a sunday lunchtime. Deliberately went up to it and did it,not just something "caught on camera" which is somewhat different.

He made a choice to do that. He knows better. He will have to accept his punishment. It's no more than anyone else get if they did that.

It was Saturday ....but I am not saying he should not be punished, I am saying there are a lot of people throwing stones who live in glass houses.

Whatever - my point still stands.

And yours doesn't. Midday TV as opposed to what? There are certain standards expected of players - especially when on the TV. He's aware of them - he breached them.

You havent actually made a point at all. All you've said is he is a scapegoat without giving any similar events at similar times of day that show he's a scapegoat. It's merely your opinion.

EDIT: - Ah - from manchester - there we go!!

The Poll is broken, you should be able to vote for both options......

Whatever - my point still stands.

And yours doesn't. Midday TV as opposed to what? There are certain standards expected of players - especially when on the TV. He's aware of them - he breached them.

You havent actually made a point at all. All you've said is he is a scapegoat without giving any similar events at similar times of day that show he's a scapegoat. It's merely your opinion.

EDIT: - Ah - from manchester - there we go!!

I have made a point, if you bother to read my replies.......what does where I live have to do with it?

Perhaps the scapegoat comments for example - someone from manchester trying to feel sorry for Rooney - theres a suprise!

I don't swear, and never have. I've worked in environments where most others do and still found no need to do so.

Perhaps the issue here isn't that the poor yobo swore at the camera/crowd but the hypocrisy of a society that claims swearing is a nono when it is all one hears in public amongst many folk.

As for the amount of money he gets ( I can't say earns, it negates and belittles what most do for their income) that is an entirely different issue...

I agree, I did put that argument earlier on but some folk do no read replies.

Perhaps the issue here isn't that the poor yobo swore at the camera/crowd but the hypocrisy of a society that claims swearing is a nono when it is all one hears in public amongst many folk.

Agree

A lot of this is being blown out of proportion. Yes what he did was wrong and stupid, and yes he should be fined. Maybe a ban is a bit OTT imo.

Last edited:
Mountain out of a molehill in my view.

Like it or not - People swear all over the place at all times of the day, in the workplace, in the pub, comedians on stage, musicians at concerts, footballers and thousands all together in football crowds.

As for the question - Is Rooney a plonker or a petulant gibshote - I guess he's no different (and why should he be) to millions of other young males up and down the counrty.

Last edited:
Back