WBMT.....What baffled me today

We ban IP's that scammers have used to post on TP.

It's nothing personal, although it has been rather quiet recently :D

Ok..Thanks. So, it sounds like scammers have either stayed at the hotel or more likely, just sat in the lounge..(quite clever) in the past and used it's internet. It's a pity because we enjoyed it so much we didn't want to come back home. My BP got down to 122/76, it's normally 145/78. Probably due to not involving myself in HT :D ..and not listening to LBC and Five Live phone-ins. It's mostly retired people that go there, no children allowed and just about everyone we spoke to were on their umpteenth stay. It was recommended to us by friends who go three times a year ,usually twice in winter, to get away from the cold and rain of South Wales :D Every day at about 2.00-3.00 pm it got to 26/28C. One person was telling of "so and so" who had been going for 30 years and must have died as they hadn't seen them for a couple of years. The buffet meals were excellent. We don't normally do three week holidays.I think we'll be back every winter now.We also looked at September this year, then November and December but the flight times are awful with all the holiday companies. Departures at 6.00am, getting there at midnight..getting back to the UK..anywhere in the early hours. We won't put ourselves through that, though. Jan/Feb are usually good flight times both ways.

It looks like Tenerife and Greece are worst. https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...greece-travel-departure-arrival-a8871521.html

Ok..Thanks. So, it sounds like scammers have either stayed at the hotel or more likely, just sat in the lounge..(quite clever)
Possibly, but also the IP the ip wouldn't be dedicated to just that place.
Some members here, share the same ip address, and yet live miles apart.

WBMT?

A few local FB groups are alive with rants at the East Enders thing.
People writing to, and complaining to, the BBC.

I never watch it, but as I understand it, it showed MK in a really bad light,
You know, that part that it seems was filmed in Barnet.
Why can't some people separate fact from fiction, and realise they are actors are doing a job, for which they get paid for?
And of course not forgetting the script writers who have to make this stuff up to stay in work.

Postboxes....

VR
EviiR
GR
EviiiR
GviR
EiiR
I know we might not have any for Charles yet but why did George 5th cipher not have the roman numbers for 5? I think Victoria can be excused as she may remain the only VR unless George 7th first born is called Victoria,,,

George 4th had only died 80 years before George 5th came on the throne,,,,

Notice (wife and myself) of new income tax coding (year 23/24) arrived, I had 10% of wife's allowance as she didn’t use it all, this has now vanished? but showing on wife’s paperwork as being allocated to me, Mmm, 1 1/2 hours on hold till I got someone human to talk to she confirmed “that’s not right! I’ll look into it” and she hung up on me! This leaves me to assume after looking into it we will receive the outcome in the form of a letter and new tax codes, soon I hope cause now we both are maybe paying too much tax?

WBMT?

A few local FB groups are alive with rants at the East Enders thing.
People writing to, and complaining to, the BBC.

I never watch it, but as I understand it, it showed MK in a really bad light,
You know, that part that it seems was filmed in Barnet.
Why can't some people separate fact from fiction, and realise they are actors are doing a job, for which they get paid for?
And of course not forgetting the script writers who have to make this stuff up to stay in work.

One day William Roache, who played Ken Barlow, in Coronation Street, was out and about and a women went up to him in the street, and hit him shouting... "Don't you talk to your mother like that." In the soap his mother was Ida Barlow.

One day William Roache, who played Ken Barlow, in Coronation Street, was out and about and a women went up to him in the street, and hit him shouting... "Don't you talk to your mother like that." In the soap his mother was Ida Barlow.

Had a manger into their forties who tried to use love island examples to guide the younger staff through their love life woes as if it was a factual documentary.

WBMT, people taking a 100-400mm lens to the photography show, standing 15 feet from the models/sets to get their chosen shot, and then getting upset when people, who seemingly haven't seen the model/sets, walk down the aisle in front of them...

I love my fisheyes!!!

Baltimore bridge being hit by container ship??? I've been under this bridge several times when visiting relatives. It's well lit and easy to see! (even at night) What in the world were the crew doing? Or was it mechanical failure? Either way, it's one heck of a shock.

Baltimore bridge being hit by container ship??? I've been under this bridge several times when visiting relatives. It's well lit and easy to see! (even at night) What in the world were the crew doing? Or was it mechanical failure? Either way, it's one heck of a shock.
Wow!!!!

Sadly it does sound like the death toll will rise :(

The news reporting is now saying the ship lost all power and that they did advise the port authorities.

The one thing that I note(?) is that bearing in mind the size of ships (now?) using that waterway, why wasn't there mitigation in respect of barriers around the bridge support piers to reduce the effect of such impacts??? Plus, IIRC the USA unfortunately has some history of poorly built & maintained infrastructure including the levees that collapsed in the flooding by Katrina :facepalm: :confused:

We went to the seaside today and Mrs WW wanted fish and chips so off I went to join the long queue. There's always a queue but there's a sign telling you where to start and stand and there's ropes to guide you so you really can't go wrong and even the Chinese tourists manage perfectly fine.

Why then would someone follow the queue and then when served turn and walk through all the waiting people constantly saying "Excuse me"? Why not just get served, turn and walk out the way you're meant to walk out? Through the exit. Where there's no one queueing.

The first three people to pull off this stunning maneuver were all women so although I was baffled why it should be I thought "It's a woman thing" but the next person to do it was a man with a family in tow. From his accent he was a tourist not a local but even so and even if he couldn't read surely he had some common sense.

People going in the exit or out of the entrance when it's obvious what you should be doing do baffle me.

Companies that don't update their stock lists, so that when you've done your searching, got to the (online) checkout and entered everything that you have to, you are told that the item is out of stock! grrrrr!

Notice (wife and myself) of new income tax coding (year 23/24) arrived, I had 10% of wife's allowance as she didn’t use it all, this has now vanished? but showing on wife’s paperwork as being allocated to me, Mmm, 1 1/2 hours on hold till I got someone human to talk to she confirmed “that’s not right! I’ll look into it” and she hung up on me! This leaves me to assume after looking into it we will receive the outcome in the form of a letter and new tax codes, soon I hope cause now we both are maybe paying too much tax?
Well got mail from HMRC, my tax is now effectively a minus, they added a figure to my pension to ensure the ‘correct’ tax is taken, no explanation, but no change to my wife’s coding(yet), called HMRC and the staff member assured me “that’s not right, I’ll look into it”, I’m not expecting a good result.

I got a mail from them, apparently I underpaid by £80 last year, I am a pensioner and have a small private pension the tax code on this has been changed for this month’s pay period and it appears they have taken the full amount they allege I owe

Back