WBMT.....What baffled me today

If the head gasket has gone as well, that could be an all day job in itself. If only water pump, there is likely to be a timing belt and or auxiliary drive belt that will also need replacing. Not a quick fix that a breakdown service is likely to fix and your going to get a bill anyway. If he had the right cover, he could have had the car taken to a garage and the RAC would have got him a hire car.

Could be more than a day if the head's warped and needs skimming. As you say, not a quick fix.

WBMT (actually a few weeks when I booked the tickets). Film's release date is 24th May but "previews from 22nd" so we went today (22nd). If the film was showing today, doesn't that mean it's released today?

No, released on the 24th. It has to wear an ankle monitor 'til then, and if it leaves the cinema, it's straight back to prison.

It looks like the Peugeot designers have taken a leaf out of BMW's rule book, and are no longer fitting indicators to the larger models.

It looks like the Peugeot designers have taken a leaf out of BMW's rule book, and are no longer fitting indicators to the larger models.

I always used the indicators on my BMWs. It's a courtesy to let people know what you've just done...:cool:

Openreach own and maintain the BT lines, Sky use BT lines. They can call it what they want, it'll be an openreach (Kelly communications) engineer :)

Yep, spot on. Had a text from Sky to say an Openreach engineer will visit tomorrow. (y)

Someone's been building what looks like a motocross track alongside the motorway this week.
Today I passed it to see a white transit van stuck on top of one of the tabletop jumps... ErWhat.png

Why have 2 lines of tyre called Z2 and 22? Not too hard to see the difference when the characters are printed but when jotted down on a scrap of paper, it's a bit harder! Doesn't help that the script/font used on the carcass itself is a bit ambiguous! Luckily the supplier was aware that the 22 series is for mopeds but the Z2 is for bigger bikes so when the flunky ordered a 22 in the size I need, the supplier put him right so the correct type has been ordered.

'Kin Nerg!

The idea of a "Bag for life" was that you took the knackered one back to Tesco ( or where ever) they gave you a new one,
and recycled the old one. It now seems, talking to the manager, that there is a new government directive, and that has stopped this.
So, I am perfectly at liberty to throw the old one in the bin.
(And buy a new one for 10p)
More plastic waste, well played HMG, well played (y)

The idea of a "Bag for life" was that you took the knackered one back to Tesco ( or where ever) they gave you a new one,
and recycled the old one. It now seems, talking to the manager, that there is a new government directive, and that has stopped this.
So, I am perfectly at liberty to throw the old one in the bin.
(And buy a new one for 10p)
More plastic waste, well played HMG, well played (y)

How stupid is that!!!

I cannot find anything (yet?) that confirms what you outline???

How stupid is that!!! I cannot find anything (yet?) that confirms what you outline???
TBH I'd not heard of it either, and it was only a couple of weeks ago, that one of the "girls" replaced another failing bag, for free.
I'm beginning to wonder if it was the mangers idea to get me to spend another 10p :D

I was about to do a little Karate practice Miyagi stylee earlier,
I'd barely got the lid off the tub and some of it was already up my arm!
How does it do that?
Baffling!

TBH I'd not heard of it either, and it was only a couple of weeks ago, that one of the "girls" replaced another failing bag, for free.
I'm beginning to wonder if it was the mangers idea to get me to spend another 10p :D
I would email Tesco head office & explain what happened & ask them to point you to where the Government directive is documented.....

Yep, spot on. Had a text from Sky to say an Openreach engineer will visit tomorrow. (y)
Why do they call these people "engineers"?

They are technicians. The engineer is the person who designed the router.

I would email Tesco head office & explain what happened & ask them to point you to where the Government directive is documented.....
Thats actually a very good point, I still have the CEO's email address on file, following another "issue" I had with them (y)

Probably the same reason they call Piers Morgan a journalist, and Donald Trump a politician.

Liked and unliked several times!

Ordered some plastic storage baskets from Amazon, £5.56 or 6 with free delivery Wednesday 5th to Friday 7th or.....

Get it by Wednesday 5th for £10!!

Get it by Wednesday 5th for £10!!
I don't get it either, I always go for the free delivery, and it always arrives within the time of the "Paid" service.

I don't get it either, I always go for the free delivery, and it always arrives within the time of the "Paid" service.

Yep, more often than not, this happens with me. Even if they don't arrive until Friday, can't see any situation where I'd need plastic baskets so urgently I'd pay £10 for delivery!

Yep, more often than not, this happens with me. Even if they don't arrive until Friday, can't see any situation where I'd need plastic baskets so urgently I'd pay £10 for delivery!

Yip. I always choose free delivery too, if it's available, and then forget about it until the order arrives. Most of the time, I'd be quite happy if they deliver within a couple of weeks.

On the (thankfully VERY!) rare occasions when I've needed a plastic basket (it has happened!) quickly, I've gone to either Wilko or Ikea. Otherwise I'm happy to wait for Amazon or similar to get their act together. For free!

How weird is this?
I got the rubbish bags ready for tomorrows collection, last night.
Like a good boy scout I tied the bag tops off.
Then found I had a crust of bread to dispose of, I left it in its bag, and slid it down the side of the main rubbish bag, with the tied off top.

I came home today, the bread bag was blowing around the garden, and the crust of bread was in the bird bath, about 30 feet away!
Obviously something thought that it needed softening up a bit !

Oh well, I put it on the path and the sparrows made short work of it.

Why are they messing around with channel numbers on Freeview? Again!

Why are they messing around with channel numbers on Freeview? Again!
I'd ask for a refund tbh :p

But yeah its a pita :(

It's taken me years to remember numbers for channels and now they're changing them. Bathtubs!

It's taken me years to remember numbers for channels and now they're changing them. Bathtubs!
I just skip through the menu to see what crap is on offer.
Its the "blanks" that p*** me off.

I just skip through the menu to see what crap is on offer.
Its the "blanks" that p*** me off.
I'm the kind of person that's sad enough to sit through and delete any channels that aren't free, adult related, or those pesky shopping channels. I do it every time they update the channels too. Then again, I can't remember the last time I specifically sat down to watch a TV programme on Freeview. It's all Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now TV etc

Range Rover on the bypass dual carraigeway this morning, followed me round the roundabout, then moved to the outside lane
but didn't accelerate, moved back in,for no reason moved out again and back in, until we approached some traffic lights that had just change to amber so no slowing down, moved out again, same thing, didn't accelerate then moved then moved back in again :thinking:
Never really caught up with the rest of the traffic

Why Shepton Mallet has a tourist information centre when it has almost nothing to do....

Went on a ghost hunt at the prison last night, and as we tend to do we arrived a few hours early to take a look around and find dinner. Ended up buying magazines in Tesco and going back to the car for over an hour.....the Italian restaurant was good through.

What are they teaching learners these days? ...
A local road, with a turning to my right and a car parked opposite the turning! ( yes he shouldn't have been there full stop!)
I'm overtaking the park car, which obviously puts me on the wrong side of the road, just an official learner car approaches the junction on my right, he looks right,
and pulls out. We stop, nose to nose! Does no one look the way they are going anymore?

As he couldn't go anywhere, ( well except back that is) I did feel it was my civic duty to explain the error of his ( the instructors) ways!

What are they teaching learners these days? ...
A local road, with a turning to my right and a car parked opposite the turning! ( yes he shouldn't have been there full stop!)
I'm overtaking the park car, which obviously puts me on the wrong side of the road, just an official learner car approaches the junction on my right, he looks right,
and pulls out. We stop, nose to nose! Does no one look the way they are going anymore?

As he couldn't go anywhere, ( well except back that is) I did feel it was my civic duty to explain the error of his ( the instructors) ways!
Happens a lot, they look one way then pull out.

Anyone know when BST kicks in?
Its almost as black as night out there ( @ 19:30 hrs) and the longest day is 8 days away ...

I'm not sure whether to blame global warming or brexit TBH ..
Baffling :(

Coke with raspberry. It has a weird taste that reminds me of something I might buy from the chemist for my cough.

Coke with raspberry. It has a weird taste that reminds me of something I might buy from the chemist for my cough.
I thought the same thing, then realised it tastes exactly the same as the penicillin syrup I used to have for tonsillitis as a kid.

Robocop query. I've a bet with a mate concerning robocops head. Was it Murphy's whole head with a metal plate on the back covering his brain or was it a robot head with Murphy's face just pinned to it?

IIRC, the storyline was about Robocop waking up and realising he's what's left of Murphy.
If there wasn't some human brain in there, he wouldn't have caused OmniCorp all those problems.

Back