WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Blackbirds...

Both parents and 4 youngsters all feeding on the early drop of apples in the garden. Lovely to see a whole family of them, and we have lots of Blackbirds here, almost as common as the Sparrows and Starlings.

Saw a funny animal vid on line but when I try and post it here it says it's banned... Oh well... You'll just have to believe me, we all howled at a tiger trying to catch a duck... and only succeeding in looking very silly :D

Last edited:
Managing to JUST squeeze an armchair into the back on my car. Real shame it had to be tipped but when Mrs Nod's Mum had it reupholstered a few years ago, they didn't stick a fire label on it so nobody would touch it.

WCMUT was the pannier rail (and pannier!) for the Bobber arriving. Not only that but I managed to fit the rail without removing the silencer, Just!!! Some swearing involved but that was at my fat fingers and me not taking my contact lenses out meaning I was doing the job mainly by touch... Does mean that I now have space for a waterproof and a camera on the thing.

Reactions: zx9
Warm, freshly made hummus. Glad I won't be sleeping behind me tonight!!!

Testing negative for Covid after 12 days of misery ! I was never really ill , just miserable with symptoms of a very heavy cold , but the total necessary isolation was a dratted nuisance for an oldie , living on her own.

I'M FREE AGAIN :D

Better book that hearing aid appointment!

Glad you're plague free at last.

WCMUT was Mrs Nod managing to rearrange an eye appointment so she can bring me home after it. While I can sort of see after the drops, it's quite uncomfortable and would make even a bus ride a royal PITA. As an extra bonus, I'll be able to attend a course in the morning (when the original appointment was supposed to be.)

For a couple of years I've been lusting after a portable power station for my astrophotography kit, I'm getting tired of snaking cables across the garden. There are many to be found on Amazon for instance but the one that seems be well liked for astro is the Jackery. My needs in terms of exposure time aren't great, 3-4 hours in my tree surrounded garden would be all I would need so I just wanted one that would power my devices for that time.

The ideal Jackery model for me would be the cheapest, the 240 Explorer normally priced at around £260. As much as I wanted one I really couldn't justify that expenditure. However, today for some reason, I checked on the current prices and found they had a summer sale on that reduced the price by 40% to a more reasonable £158 with a 3 year warranty so I pressed the button after seeking domestic permission of course!.

Reactions: Nod
Testing negative for Covid after 12 days of misery ! I was never really ill , just miserable with symptoms of a very heavy cold , but the total necessary isolation was a dratted nuisance for an oldie , living on her own.

I'M FREE AGAIN :D
BEWARE ! It is possible to get a false result !!

How do I know - ?
Thursday 6th - tested positive , likewise 7th,8th,9th, 10th, 11th, 12th 13th 14th, 15th 16th. All clearly positive and all reported to NHS Scotland
Yesterday - tested negative - one line only on my LFT thingie .
Today - tested at same time and seemed negative - only one line visible at the 15 min time check . BUT 20 mins after that as I was about to put the test stuff in the bin I spotted a very faint second line that had NOT been there before. Just incase there was a problem I retested and while waiting for the 15 mins spotted, to my horror ,at 6 mins the second line was becoming visible ! ;mad:

So once more I'm isolated from my Community pals
Back to the daily testing and waiting again

When Mrs Nod and her Mum had it over commercialmas, they thought they had tested negative but when I went to tidy up, both had faint positives (after 25 minutes rather than the 10 they had left it). Next day, both were definite negatives, as they were the day after, at which point it was decided that they were probably safe. Hopefully, tomorrow will se you with just the control line.

I'm glad to hear it has happened to someone else . I'll just wait patiently and hope that I soon get a definitive negative

Reactions: Nod
Had a message from a mate who is a Resident Doctor in a Hospital .

His suggestion , for what it's worth, is that the test is picking up dead virus and if I'm symptom free I can regard my self as being properly negative. Sadly I've still got a slightly sniffy nose at times - so I'll wait patiently for a bit

Still just positive this morning :( This is now day 15 from my first positive

I'm really really getting cheesed off with this

I do feel sorry for you, I would get cabin fever if I was shut in for a couple of days let alone 15.

I've been lucky so far and not caught it. I was taking tests right through the pandemic as I have a lot of elderly neighbours and was shopping etc for them,
Even back in January when I was in a car with my daughter and she rang me next day to say she was positive I still never caught it.
I rang the help line and was told to take the tests daily for 5 days but didn't need to isolate unless I got a positive result

I couldn't sleep last night and when the security light on the garage came on I was still awake so I looked outside, I couldn't see anything so I turned on my tablet and looked at the security camera footage. What I saw was a hedgehog :D One used to reguarly visit our garden last year but we'd seen no sign of him this year so it was lovely to see him again. I assume it's the same one but he's looking bigger. I must have watched the footage a dozen times :D

I've put some chips out for him tonight :D

We have a hedge hog house behind the garage but he's definitely not living there as there were cobwebs across the opening. I wish he'd move in :D

For the last year+ I've had an undiagnosed problem ,(suspected pfizer jab reaction) which amongst other things had a tightening effect on the tendons in my hands and arms, affecting my dexterity. Much better now so after 18 mths took one of the "babies" off the rack.
20230721_173553.jpg

For the last year+ I've had an undiagnosed problem ,(suspected pfizer jab reaction) which amongst other things had a tightening effect on the tendons in my hands and arms, affecting my dexterity. Much better now so after 18 mths took one of the "babies" off the rack.
View attachment 396096
That’s good news hope you’re back to normal soon :)

Glad on on the way back to "normal for you"!

WAMT (firstly!) was my RAC breakdown/recovery quote for wifey and self. This year £163.99 - last year £ 135.99 !!!!! WCMUT After a phone call to them was a renewal on same terms and conditions as previous, for £100 !!! I don't know how that is possible (I do really) but thank you, it was worth the compare the market quote, for leverage, and a phone call !!!!

Last edited:
The hedgehog came back again last night so I had a nice cctv vid to watch when I woke up :D

WAMT (firstly!) was my RAC breakdown/recovery quote for wifey and self. Last year £163.99 - this year £ 135.99 !!!!! WCMUT After a phone call to them was a renewal on same terms and conditions as previous, for £100 !!! I don't know how that is possible (I do really) but thank you, it was worth the compare the market quote, for leverage, and a phone call !!!!

Yup. You have to watch these things as they come up for renewal.

Well done :D

WAMT (firstly!) was my RAC breakdown/recovery quote for wifey and self. This year £163.99 - last year £ 135.99 !!!!! WCMUT After a phone call to them was a renewal on same terms and conditions as previous, for £100 !!! I don't know how that is possible (I do really) but thank you, it was worth the compare the market quote, for leverage, and a phone call !!!!

The AA are shocking for this

The AA are shocking for this
I have a subscription for their monthly magazine with the consumer organisation Which? and I recall reading that members need to watch the AA for this very thing.

Only seen ours once this year.☹️

I wouldn't know if he'd been or not but for the cctv. He came again last night at just before 23:00. He ate the food I'd left for him then went up the drive and across the road and then turned right and toddled off down the road on the pavement.

Wcmut? Amazon.

I ordered an item at 12.46am, managed to avoid the free Prime trial and had free delivery due Wednesday 26th confirmed.

This morning had an email saying my item would be delivered between 1pm and 4pm and it arrived just after 2pm.

We've just come back from a fabulous week in Jersey. Obviously, that cheered me up no end, but we also met a lovely couple and we met up several times over the course of the week but what originally got us chatting was that he was also in a wheelchair and had the wheel covers as below:

DSC05300.jpg

Turns out, he's an archer and competed in the Paralympics in Beijing in 2008. Now, what are the chances? My very first TP meet up was the Olympic homecoming parade in Trafalgar Square, October 2008 and it dawned on me there was something familiar about him so I've just got home and trawled through my photos from that day and low and behold, here he is:

DSC05304.jpg

Have to say, he's 78 now but looks like he hasn't aged a day!

We've just come back from a fabulous week in Jersey. Obviously, that cheered me up no end, but we also met a lovely couple and we met up several times over the course of the week but what originally got us chatting was that he was also in a wheelchair and had the wheel covers as below:

View attachment 396350

Turns out, he's an archer and competed in the Paralympics in Beijing in 2008. Now, what are the chances? My very first TP meet up was the Olympic homecoming parade in Trafalgar Square, October 2008 and it dawned on me there was something familiar about him so I've just got home and trawled through my photos from that day and low and behold, here he is:

View attachment 396351

Have to say, he's 78 now but looks like he hasn't aged a day!
Spooky. :D

So after my recent brush with the hospital, I had my last Fragmin injection (Thank God, my tummy is rather sore now) yesterday, and my INR has risen to be within range. It seems that the clot is breaking up slowly, although my leg can still be painful. I now have to go through a cycle of rest and gentle exercise every day. I just wish I could get a good night's sleep, I keep waking up in the every early hours and laying there for at least 3 hours before managing to get back off again.

So after my recent brush with the hospital, I had my last Fragmin injection (Thank God, my tummy is rather sore now) yesterday, and my INR has risen to be within range. It seems that the clot is breaking up slowly, although my leg can still be painful. I now have to go through a cycle of rest and gentle exercise every day. I just wish I could get a good night's sleep, I keep waking up in the every early hours and laying there for at least 3 hours before managing to get back off again.
I hope it sorts soon Steve. After my back op I couldn't get a good sleep for weeks. Very debilitating. Chin up mate. (y)

Earlier this year I posted about a lovely dog that I had the pleasure of looking after some weekends for a friend who was fostering him for the RSPCA.
He had been badly abused as a pup and left with terrible injuries, thankfully he has turned into a loving gentle lad and has now been rehomed where he is doing really well
I feel privileged to have played a small part in his recovery and still miss seing him around.
Recently the case came to court and for those interested here is a link to the results

Last edited:
WCMUT was finding a silent quartz clock movement/mechanism to replace the one that occasionally ticked beside me.

WCMUT COFFEE
For a few years now I have been buying beans instead of jars of instant coffee which I then grind myself to which method of brewing I feel like that day, sometimes filter coffee or Moka pot , or Hario, but for sometime now which ever online roastery I bought beans from they all ended up tasting the same no difference in taste whatsoever, but over the weekend talking to an old ex forces pal about our common interest in coffee he told me about this shop in London he now orders from, so I gave it a try ,established in 1887 Algerian coffee stores sent me a kilo of Gourmet Noir beans, after brewing I can understand why they have lasted so long truly wonderful coffee at a good price very happy.

WCMUT COFFEE
For a few years now I have been buying beans instead of jars of instant coffee which I then grind myself to which method of brewing I feel like that day, sometimes filter coffee or Moka pot , or Hario, but for sometime now which ever online roastery I bought beans from they all ended up tasting the same no difference in taste whatsoever, but over the weekend talking to an old ex forces pal about our common interest in coffee he told me about this shop in London he now orders from, so I gave it a try ,established in 1887 Algerian coffee stores sent me a kilo of Gourmet Noir beans, after brewing I can understand why they have lasted so long truly wonderful coffee at a good price very happy.
I used to work at Waterloo many years ago. There was a small coffee bean roaster under one of the arches. Glorious smell. I used to walk out of my way just to go past it.

Back