WCMUT....what cheered me up today

This place is in Soho I believe, some interesting old photos here , and I'm told it hasn't changed.https://algeriancoffeestores.com/pages/image-gallery

There were three hedgehogs in our garden last night and they ate all the food we put out for them.

Two stayed close together and one started to continually circle the other then their blobs would merge. The third repeatedly approached them and was chased off by one of the other two. He'd then wander off and come back and have another go later. I suppose this circling and getting close was mating behaviour and the chasing off is two males competing over a female? Maybe any hedge hog experts can confirm?

You can see two of them in the centre of the picture eating the food.

Image-1.jpg

We don't know where they live but Mrs WW is desperate for one to move into the little house we put behind the garage. I put biscuits in it every evening and they disappear but I don't think they're living in it.

was mating behaviour and the chasing off is two males competing over a female? Maybe any hedge hog experts can confirm?
I'm no expert but having observed mine over a couple of years or so, and what I know about animal behaviour, per se
I'd put money on it.

I was feeling pretty sore at the thought of painting the hide today. It wasn't done last year and the paint was flaky and crumbling. A few hours sorted it though, as well as 4 laps of it with the paintbrush. Looking at it now from the kitchen window is cheering me up. One job off the list.

On the hedghog front, lots of grunting and groaning in my neighbour's garden last night and when I looked over the fence, 2 were obviously good friends.

Later on, our CCTV picked them up on our yard, as well as the grunts.

This is cheery too.

To the hedgehog gang.
We had hogs for a good few years. A couple of years ago I built a (very posh) hog house following all the right advice.
Our cctv has only caught a hog once this year.
Whats the advice regarding checking the hog house for signs of life, like taking the lid off?
Ive put a few twigs blocking the entrance to check for activity over the weekend.

To the hedgehog gang.
We had hogs for a good few years. A couple of years ago I built a (very posh) hog house following all the right advice.
Our cctv has only caught a hog once this year.
Whats the advice regarding checking the hog house for signs of life, like taking the lid off?
Ive put a few twigs blocking the entrance to check for activity over the weekend.

I was pretty convinced there was no one inside so when Mrs WW wasn't looking I did take the lid off and it was empty. One must have gone inside to get the biscuits I threw through the entrance but obviously didn't move in. I think maybe our best hope is the local hogs having little ones and one of them moving in when it strikes out on its own.

Hedgies aren't the only animal that can fit in the houses and like biscuits!

Having a beer o'clock in a Saturday, same time as curry o'clock.
I guess I won't be seeing you again tonight :D
Enjoy (y)
See you in the morning bright-eyed and bushy tailed :)

Bright tailed and bushy eyed is possibly more likely!

WCMUT was 100 miles or so of riding around the lanes up to and around the Moor. Tempered a bit by the rain and fog but still cheered me up!

A tradesman turned up on time and did a good job for a very reasonable price today :D I've been very lucky with this recently. This guy charged the same as when he came 6 years, dealing with a wasps nest.

Anyway. While he was here he said "Something smells lovely." I replied "Mrs WW is in the kitchen cooking something." When he'd gone I went into the kitchen and asked "What are you making"

Her reply... "Shampoo."

:D

WCMUT?
Its raining (y)
Why does that cheer me up?
My slug nematodes arrived this morning, and it best if they are applied in the rain.

Lets see what happens now, I collect a good couple of dozen most nights ...
Eat away my little worms eat away, there is plenty of food here (y)

WCMUT?
Its raining (y)
Why does that cheer me up?
My slug nematodes arrived this morning, and it best if they are applied in the rain.

Lets see what happens now, I collect a good couple of dozen most nights ...
Eat away my little worms eat away, there is plenty of food here (y)

Watching this saga with interest, b£&*£#d things…

Watching this saga with interest, b£&*£#d things…
b*****d things indeed.
TBH I'm not sure how long they take to work, but I'll update when anything changes.

My wife does the slug dance to get rid of them.

You can do any steps as long as a slug is under your boot!

A few years ago, I spent a while trying to find recipes for slugs with no real success. Not that I'd probably like them - not too keen on snails (for which there are plenty of recipes!)

Pleasantly suprised.

Had an unintetional vegetarian meal tonight, which would normally make me frown...... but it was superb.

It was the Hello Fresh version of Cheesy Sweet Potato Quesadillas.

I'm not coverted, I love meat but I wouldn't pass on this once a month or so.

This cheered me up.

Last edited:
Pleasantly suprised.

Had an unintetional vegetarain meal tonight, which would normally make me frown...... but it was superb.

It was the Hello Fresh version of Cheesy Sweey Potato Quesadillas.

I'm not coverted, I love meat but I wouldn't pass on this once a month or so.

This cheered me up.
Many surprises in Hello Fresh. We did it for many months.

Had an unintetional vegetarian meal tonight,
That's you banned from the staff Xmas party :D

Actually my ex was very goof friends with a couple of veggies, and we had a few nice dinner parties, there.
They even laughed when I asked "OK what basted has nicked all the meat"

You can do any steps as long as a slug is under your boot!
I did the slug dance unintentionally, once.
Not that much fun when bare footed though ...
Squelch ...

Actually my ex was very goof friends with a couple of veggies, and we had a few nice dinner parties, there.

Lol,

Chances of me becoming vegetarian are slim to none but I did enjoy that meal. All due respect to vegetarians of course. (y)

Back to normal tomorrow, some burger type thing, Hello Fresh again.

Back to normal tomorrow, some burger type thing,
I had a veggie burger once from Tim Hortons I think it was, and TBH it was actually quite tasty.

As its been raining again this evening, the slugs are out in force again,
No point in collecting them, the Nematodes need time to do their work.
So it's just the salt barriers around some of the area's, that certainly helps :)

Ironically, Wifey ate all the (veggie) Quesadillas........... but left the side salad. :LOL::rolleyes:

Lol,

Chances of me becoming vegetarian are slim to none but I did enjoy that meal. All due respect to vegetarians of course. (y)

Back to normal tomorrow, some burger type thing, Hello Fresh again.

We tend to do 2 veggie meals a week. Well, one really, but we have it over a couple of nights..... Mrs makes a great veggie curry, and also a tagine as well. We also have fish one evening a week. However, I made burgers last night :giggle:

Im a meat eater and cant stand the meat alternatives but happy to eat mushroom risotto, veggie lasagne, veggie chilli, even a good veggie burger. Summer fish is usually pan fried often on the BBQ with salad, winter fish dishes is more of a struggle.

We tend to do 2 veggie meals a week.

I was a veggie five days a week when I was a kid. My parents couldn't afford meat, but always had some on a Sunday (freshly hunted) and mostly something 'fishy' on a Friday.

How times have changed - we now have a choice . . .

Im a meat eater and cant stand the meat alternatives but happy to eat mushroom risotto, veggie lasagne, veggie chilli, even a good veggie burger. Summer fish is usually pan fried often on the BBQ with salad, winter fish dishes is more of a struggle.

Sea bass, Bream & Mackerel in the summer, either in the pan or on the BBQ. Fish pie in the winter, love it!

Mrs Nod is veggie so I eat several veggie meals every week. Plenty of meaty meals when we go out or I et at the g*** club (as well as a few at home).

Looking at Porsches, they are ridicolously good looking things, especially the GT4 Coupe. We had a giggle working out what we'd have to sell to get one. :LOL:

Reactions: zx9
Back