WD My Passport Pro.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, to copy you put the memory card in the device itself

Ive got one, you just put the sd card in and switch on. It does incremental backups of the same card if uou use it that way.

You can access from tablet, smartphone or laptop by its own wi-fi if you wish but backup automatic

That's what I thought should happen but I can't get my photo's from the passport to my laptop. It would help if there was some sort of instruction with it. I'll have to have another play with it on Friday, I've had enough for tonight.

Thanks anyway.

Should just be plug and play to your laptop
I have a WD external hard drive and the pc just sees it as an additional drive, mine shows up as F.

That's what I thought should happen but I can't get my photo's from the passport to my laptop. It would help if there was some sort of instruction with it. I'll have to have another play with it on Friday, I've had enough for tonight.

Thanks anyway.

If you’re trying to connect laptop by wi-fi then you need to log in to the wd wi-fi. If you’ve lost instructions they’re available online.
If you have the cable i would just plug into laptop like any other portable hd

Did WD do a 'my passport pro' and a 'my passport wireless pro', being two different devices?

Came with no instructions but I have found them online.

The instructions come in digital format on the hard drive itself from new.

Not trying to use it wirelessly, I'm using a cable. I'll try it with a different card from another camera tomorrow as I think that might be the problem.
I can't get my photo's from the passport to my laptop.

Why would a different card make a difference to transferring from the passport to your laptop?

Some micro usb cables are only good for charging, not data transfer.
Try another lead, happened to me when I was trying to sync some music to a tablet

Last edited:

Thanks anyway.

If you’re trying to connect laptop by wi-fi then you need to log in to the wd wi-fi. If you’ve lost instructions they’re available online.

Thanks anyway.

Well I think I sussed it, I disconnected to passport from the laptop then put the card in and got the lights flashing. So I re-connected it to the laptop and they down loaded no problem. Not sure why they wouldn't down load when the passport was connected.

Now I just need a new smartphone so I get the app and try it wirelessly.

I've come across this device and I'm wondering if the negative reviews on Amazon are indicative of a poor product? Have the issues been resolved with a firmware update?

I've come across this device and I'm wondering if the negative reviews on Amazon are indicative of a poor product? Have the issues been resolved with a firmware update?

I’ve had one for over a year and experienced few issues, the WiFI can be a pest at times but that’s really been user error more than anything.
All of these types of device seem to be similar, the beauty of this is the built in HDD and SD Card Slot.

I did the battery firmware update and the battery life is a fair bit better

Back