We-Ko-Pa

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a bit of a weird one - not sure what category it fits best into - so I am sorry if you think it is unsuitable for this section.
Here are three shots from one of the best-looking golf courses I have ever played - the Cholla course at We-Ko-Pa in Scottsdale, Arizona. It's amazing to think a golf course can survive in the middle of the desert. Hope you all like my work!

5700138610_a6418601a1_b.jpg

5694148921_79b904ed22_b.jpg

5694769306_ae435f2598_b.jpg

It's so green & everything else looks so dry - bet there's a few rattlesnakes in the rough too. Thanks for sharing

That looks to be the most difficult course ever!!

well captured

It's bad enough playing courses like that on the Wii. My game would have to improve a lot tee to green before I would go near a place like that.

that golf course is outrageous! you lucky lucky man!

they must have spent shedloads on getting the sprinklers fed throughout the whole course. Bet the place is empty in the afternoons!

the shots really do give you a feel for the place too (y)

This looks amazing. It looks like you defiantly done the course justice with these photos.

Any water hazards here? haha

I thought the course on "Tiger Woods" computer game looked unreal but your great shots confirm the surreal ! Is a rattler wrapped around your ball a "natural hazard" ?

that golf course is outrageous! you lucky lucky man!

they must have spent shedloads on getting the sprinklers fed throughout the whole course. Bet the place is empty in the afternoons!

the shots really do give you a feel for the place too (y)

I know, I have the best job in the world! If you like golf, that is.
I think that's the main cost when making these desert courses. With the climate the grass need constant watering and there are plenty of sprinklers. Like you say I bet it cost loads getting them plumbed in! Thanks for the compliment.

Wow - that is an unbelievable place. Your photos really capture the colours well.

Back