We were walking in the woods today...

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
... and my little one (soon to be two!) was wandering off in front so I couldn't resist snapping this. Not sure why I like it, I think it's just the "I'm venturing off on my own" element of it.

Anyway, it's about time I posted something hey ;)

af307850.jpg

A really nice shot. If it was mine, I'd think about lowering the subject in the frame. Say lower it enough so that the feet are the same distance away from the bottom of the frame as the shoulder is from the right side of the frame. Leave plenty of image above. Excellent shot.

I really like that. Keep taking plenty of pictures because they don't seem to be small for long. My 3 grown up "children" are really happy that I took plenty of them when they were growing up.

Thanks for the positive comments, much appreciated. I will have a little play with the crop to see how things look... my original crop was really to keep the feeling of distance with the little bit more room than possibly ideal at the bottom, but will have a play. I'm sure it will appear in this year's photobook (that I will do each year of her childhood)

Fabulous image, love the idea of a photobook a year - is that per child?

nice shot man love the DOF

the weather is getting perfect for these shots again

Thank you, yes I'm doing a year book just for my youngest, I'm afraid my older children are now at college/uni so a bit late for them, but I do shoot them all for prints around the house of course.
The lens is an 80-200mm f/2.8 AF-S which I love. It wasn't around for long but if you can find one and the AF motor has been replaced it's a lovely lens.

Very nice. Different crops could maybe yield slightly better results but the lighting, the texture, the symbolism really work together here. Oh...and I really like the perspective here. You got down on the child's level and that helps the viewer connect with the child I feel.

Last edited:
Works for me matey ;)

I love these shots..

Dave(y)

Thanks guys :)

Hey Jen, just had a look at your blog... you've developed a really nice style over the months. (y)

Really like it.

I like the DoF and the lighting particularly on the colourful striped top.

Like it the light and colours of the outfit make the subject stand out well. Wonder if it worth just toning down the bottom area of the bright tree in the distance?

Hi, Andrew, I feel the best photographs are those that I don't need a long time to make my mind up about; my instant reaction was "yip, like it!".

Really like the autumnal, muted colours. You really captured the movement and I like the angle of his/her head.

Cheers.

Thanks for the positive comments, much appreciated. Peppa Pig has a lot to answer for in our house (the little jacket she has on... everywhere)
Vignette, yes possibly I'll have a play. I did try knocking back the brighter area in the foreground but then undid it as it seamed to loose the lead into the shot a bit.
Will have a play before it goes to print for sure.

Back