Weather forecasts, they are annoying when they are wrong

It's what makes landscape photography in this country all the more rewarding, when everything does come together it makes all the wasted trips worthwhile.. I just see trips like this as just another excuse to go back and spend even more time in the awesome scenery we have here... maybe next time ;-)

Simon

I get what you are saying, but I'd have dearly loved it had I got my blues and oranges at the top and a golden hour on the way down to shoot up and into the rock stucture. There is no debating it, I am going to have to do this again

I've seen a lot worse than the ones on your blog ... maybe you didn't get all you wanted but hardly a wasted journey :)

It can be frustrating when the forecasters get it wrong but you pay your money and take your chance I guess.

I tend to have a plan A and then if the weather bombs out, a plan B.

It was great being up there, really great and just seeing it. But I'd have been happier with the really great lights and tones of dawn. Happy with Eilean Donan, perfect conditions for that but really wanted one of those proper nice sunrises. I am going back, I have to. Forecast was perfect, so unexpected to get this.

I have to say it was a pretty epic fail on top of that hill. I have done all the driving back and forth so feel even more bitter. That is still nothing even close to the very similar "sunrise" in the Arches park, US when it only rains there 2 days a year!!!

Hazard of the job!

I take some solace in knowing places like this are amazing to be when you're one of the only ones for miles around at that time of the day.

:agree:
I guess you have to look it like it wasn't to be, but the next time will be stunning! You often see Eilean Donan photographed in the harsh mid day sun don't you, lord knows why? Anyhow on the positive side at least you have come away with something Steve! I'm sure we have all taken trips where the camera hasn't even come out of the bag:(.
A trip to Scotland is on my bucket list and it's a long way up for us southern softies, that's even if they let us in after devolution;) So the weather had better be right.

Back