Weather

lindsay

Admin
Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
It's been a lovely sunny, no cloud cold day today. So I thought to myself, could be a good day for some photography. However I never think this aloud because that usually puts the mockers on my togging plans. However this time I thought: sod you weather gods, I have ideas for sunny, raining and wintery conditions, so you lose and I win every time today! Mind you, todays shooting was on film, so chances are I've screwed up my settings somewhere along the line, or the film will go missing, as I'm feeling lazy and sending it off rather than devving it myself.

It's been a lovely sunny, no cloud cold day today. So I thought to myself, could be a good day for some photography. However I never think this aloud because that usually puts the mockers on my togging plans. However this time I thought: sod you weather gods, I have ideas for sunny, raining and wintery conditions, so you lose and I win every time today! Mind you, todays shooting was on film, so chances are I've screwed up my settings somewhere along the line, or the film will go missing, as I'm feeling lazy and sending it off rather than devving it myself.
That’s what we need … a dose of positivity! :LOL:

Well as I’m getting older i realise there’s no point worrying about things that is out of our control.
Like the weather, the future and my wife’s behaviour :exit:
awk you never know dev it, how bad could it be?

I actually decided to dev it myself, rather than wait to get it done by a lab and sent back. So tomorrow....

Funny thing is that same thing happened to me this morning. To see the Sun at this time of year is a rare phenomenon in Belfast. Luckily The Sun was out this morning promising a glorious day. So i got into the car, drove 20 mins away from home, got to the place but it was misty and rainy. I had a film camera as well as a Digi, The old Nikon d70s( loveliest and most true to life colours I’ve seen) and a cheap zoom lens. I couldn’t care less if the camera was waterproof or not, kind of liberating in a way. With the film camera I get thinking the water is going to damage the Lens somehow.
Anyhow
took the Dinosaur(d70s) and had fun shooting, hell even managed to submit my first DPOTY :p :cool:
I feel like, photography is like a game of luck. We just have to persist, so that we increase the chances of having better luck
:p

@Marino great post. @Graham W contrary to expectation, I have just finished devving the film (HP5) and without studying the details, all frames have exposed and come out ok. I normally use a very approximate approach to my developing, I do try to get the chemicals to around 20 degrees, and I look up the dev time to remind myself for the particular film and soup mix, then it's just "about 6mins" and "about ...so long" etc. Usually has served me well enough, but this time I thought I'd download the Massive Dev App and use it, which was a revelation, I particularly like the built in timer and the inversion reminders. So, negative (excuse the pun) feelings have been kicked into touch.

...but this time I thought I'd download the Massive Dev App and use it, which was a revelation, I particularly like the built in timer and the inversion reminders....
I love it for the same reasons, also a big plus is the option to adjust temperature, tank volume and other variables.
Well not so bad then, got any photos for the FPOTY challenge?

Epic fail! Most exposures suffered from a bit of camera shake, given that I had the SS a bit low deliberately for the subject but had the 55-300 lens at maximum extension. I also had vignetting from the lens hood I'd mounted because of the bright sun at an angle to the shots. On top of which I really am not very good at scanning with my Plustek 8200 yet. So I don't have anything for FPOTY yet but the idea is still sound, I just need to load a new film and get physically closer to the subjects, and pay a bit more attention to the exposure details. There's time.

Back