Web Hosts. Who?

Name
Elliott
Edit My Images
No
I'm currently worth TSO Host and have been for years but ever since being bought out by Godaddy the service has gone for a ball of crap.

I've just spend 2 months coding a new website. It's based on PHP7 and mySQL 8.0 which my current VDS does not run, so I asked TSO if they could duplicate my server, installed PHP 7 and mySQL 8.0 in order for me to do final testing before making the site live. I'm not asking for this for free and happy to pay for it but "computer says no".
I'd need to subscribe to a new server which would give me a quarter of the specs for the same money or if I upgraded to match my current spec it would cost me 3 times as much. They can't or won't update my current server as they say it won't run mySQL 8.0. I need mySQL 8 because of recursive queries which I want to use.

So, I need to find another host and it seems to be a bit of a minefield.Those with loads of great reviews look like fake reviews. UK looking hosts which are actually based in India.

I need a company that I can call up and ask to make a tweak here or a tweak there to improve performance. TSO used to fit this bill, but sadly, not any more.

Cloudways. Fantastic set up and support. I moved after leaving siteground. Their ridiculous renewal prices weren't something I wanted to consider.

Agreed, I left siteground with my photo site after they bumped the price up 3 fold after the first year.
They tell you they do that on sign-up to be fair.

I offer hosting as a flywheel agency partner

I personally use Webhost UK friendly support and good service, using them from many year, nothing much to complain. I am sure they can help you.

I use cix.uk mainly because I've used the conferencing service for thirty years but I've been using what used to be ICUK and is now CIX for web hosting for five years without any real problems. You'd have to check that they can do what you need as my web-site doesn't do anything clever so I've no idea what's actually possible.

Back