website designing monkeys in here!

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
ok web monkeys! as some of you know i have been working on a new site for my work, and now its (nearly) finished,

what i require from you knowledgable lot is to have a quick look and make sure that the search engine related terms are correct and suitable for google and all that.

http://www.rpg-europe.co.uk/

I know its messy code, i also know that frontpage isnt the best thing to do the site in, but i have, so there. I also know that there are some dead links and red X here and there, that is all under control, im getting those as i find them.

thanks for looking chaps!

If you have any good suggestions for search engine code please pm me!

/Realises I'm only just a bog standard monkey, not the web version required...and backs out of thread....

<meta content="Abflector, Bad panel, Diffuser Blocks,Omniffusor, Diffractal, form fusor, flutter free, FRG omni, FRG pyramid, Wood omni, Skyline, Opticurve, QRD734, Digiwave, Absorber, Abfussor, Silent pyramid, Baswaphon, Clearsorber, Modex, Modex corner, Skyline, Flatfusser, Variscreen, Triffusor, Biffusor, Profoam, Procorner, Abflector, Vamps, Cinemusic, Studio in a box, Chaos, Catt acoustic, Room optimiser, Room sizer" name="KEYWORDS">

Jonny said:
<meta content="Abflector, Bad panel, Diffuser Blocks,Omniffusor, Diffractal, form fusor, flutter free, FRG omni, FRG pyramid, Wood omni, Skyline, Opticurve, QRD734, Digiwave, Absorber, Abfussor, Silent pyramid, Baswaphon, Clearsorber, Modex, Modex corner, Skyline, Flatfusser, Variscreen, Triffusor, Biffusor, Profoam, Procorner, Abflector, Vamps, Cinemusic, Studio in a box, Chaos, Catt acoustic, Room optimiser, Room sizer" name="KEYWORDS">

i think they are there somewhere on the main page?

petemc said:
Meta Tags aren't used anymore by search engines that matter.

So what we got to use now? is it content? Any and all advice gratefully stolen!

the question remains, what do i need to do for search engine goodness?

Here are some basic tips that are still universally accepted.

Keep your body text meaningful...not deliberately stuffed with keywords but make sure they are in there. repeat some of the words/phrases in your page title, keywords and description and even image alt tags. Develop a consistent pattern through all of these to emphasise the search terms you want to use...it helps boost the rankings.

Use paragraph headings...if you know how to, type them using the H1 paragraph style, then use CCS styles to reduce the size to what you want visible.
Search engines take more notice of H1.

This is a very complex subject and I had to spend hours every week just to keep abreast of the changes for the various search engines, but the above is pretty failsafe.

how can i get other sitres to link to me, ive heard thats another good way of getting 'exposure'
Google is the main search engine that i want to get high on,im already not too badly off with things like MSN

Back