website problems

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All
My problem is I have a website running at the moment but the guy who built it for me says he hasn't got time to make some adjustments so I can upload new photo's to the galleries etc. Is it hard to swap my domain name to a site like clikpic so that becomes my new site? Hope this is clear enough to understand.:shrug:

Cheers Dave

is the same person who looks after your website the same that hosts it? and if so how much are you paying for your hosting?

um cannot get the link to load

would you consider moving your website and having a go doing it yourself? or would you want someone to run it for you?

is it just your not sure yourself how to look after it or time wise?
just wanting to get a full picture to be able to offer help etc

Hi All
My problem is I have a website running at the moment but the guy who built it for me says he hasn't got time to make some adjustments so I can upload new photo's to the galleries etc. Is it hard to swap my domain name to a site like clikpic so that becomes my new site? Hope this is clear enough to understand.:shrug:

Cheers Dave

Not hard at all- though could be more difficult if you didn't register the domain and they did it for you- they may make it difficult in order to keep you a client.

there are away around that, but yes some people may ask for the domain name to be purchased

I'm guessing looking at the who is register the domain is yours, but do you have access to the management of it? this could be the problem...

in regards to sorting the website out and running - there would be loads of people on this forum (including me) that could help with that

by the way Dave - I love your work

Not hard at all- though could be more difficult if you didn't register the domain and they did it for you- they may make it difficult in order to keep you a client.

Hi. I registered the name, but I dont know about managing it though.
I'm a bit hacked off about this really because I like what he has done with the site and all I wanted him to do is give me access to change the photo's. Unfortunatly I cant have ago at him to much because he didn't charge me to build it.

have you asked him about giving you a full copy of the site and files?

I'm guessing looking at the who is register the domain is yours, but do you have access to the management of it? this could be the problem...

in regards to sorting the website out and running - there would be loads of people on this forum (including me) that could help with that

by the way Dave - I love your work

Thanks for the praise. I am trying to get this up and running as my main income.

Cheers Dave

ok - I will add your website to our links database is ok with you

No. Only thought about doing this today and wondered what if any problems I would encounter
the only main problems your get is them turning around and saying no.. so you could loose your website and domain name..
the domain name is the main one, if you can get access to that your sorted - if they say no, you should still be ok as it's in your name so Nominet would be able to help.. Website is a different story as you would need the main flash files to be able to edit it as the files on the website are not the file you create it with..

website added to our photographers section on the links site

Back