Website, quick check please

Hi George,

1) Did the website take long to load? No, it was quick.
2) Did the gallery look alright? yes, pics loaded ok
3) are the links alright Yes all worked fine

You need to check the about me text "has has had"

Regards

Steve

Site loaded quick for me, the gallery looks fine to me, although it's style is completely different from the splash page. You should look for consistency here. Links work fine.

I'd have to agree about the loading page, some very high end auto shots in there worthy of publication in big name mags but the front page looks like something from Myspace.
I would also look at pruning some of the shots or catagorising them.
You have a talent for product promotion photography, I'm very impressed!

works fast and clear BUT you missed out the same vital bit of info that so many people leave out.. You want people to phone you ..hire you .. yet you give no indication what country your in let alone what area of that country...

Wasnt super fast from here...

AS kipax said might be and idea to let *** know your whereabouts. Also if you go to sipgate.co.uk you can get an 0845 number for free(its voip so you`d need to set it up on your pc.) Would give a far more professional look imo

Looks great and yes to all your questions. Not sure about the mobile no though not least cause you could get some dodgy calls being on the web and all. Also would be more professional to have a landline no like an 0845 or 0800 as suggested.

1) Did the website take long to load? (A) rapid for me
2) Did the gallery look alright? (A) Looks great! (Liked the Quattro best)
3) are the links alright (A) All worked fine.

Agree about the front page *** Def needs more style.

It was okay on the points queried, but...

Do you mind there being a but ???

The About me page's wording doesn't make sense. You also flick from 3rd to 1st person (and I have no idea why you started in 3rd anyway); canvas' is wrong, should be canvasses ; and the penultimate sentence needs rewording; it's reasonable not resonable; you have inconsistency in the use of a full-stop; and you use both photoshoot and photo shoot as another inconsistency

I don't mean those comments to belittle you or your site, but if anyone is considering booking you as a Pro then their first impression shouldn't have them querying your wording - which could be taken as looking like you have a problem with attention to detail; not a good trait for a photographer to have :shake:

So I hope you find this useful rather than antagonistic (which it's not)

All it needs is for you to get someone, or several, to proof-read it for you, and these sorts of errors will be easily corrected

Some nice shots too if I may say so

Good Luck btw (y)

DD

Thanks for the help Dave, I've chaged all the issues and I am VERY grateful for your help :)

I have also worked on the front page a bit (and the galleries), but am having slight issues with the domain name... so I got a new one.. : http://www.gwphotographer.co.nr/

I must buy a proper domain name soon!

Thank F you took my comments the right way :)

And well done on implementing the changes so swiftly too :clap:

DD

All links are working and your site looks good but i suspect it will not be your final site :)
It good to try out new variations of layouts and themes until you get the result you can be proud of.
Just wanted to point out on your text on this page: I am a Professional Photographer and have 3 years intensive experience and so on.... You might want to check how you put some wording and how it sounds in general! Reading slowly and outloud usually helps.

Spelling mistake on the services page:

"veriety"

;)

I don't like the split in portraiture on that page either. Try and align it so it's all on one line.

not that i'm an expert but i have a couple of things i'm unsure about

1...the german car on the index page ;):naughty:

2...the font used, especially on the services page seems a bit....well...boy racerish

3...when you go to "new photo shop" you cannot return to your home page ! not good at all, you should embed the shop into your website and have links to go back to the index or previous page, as soon as i realised i could not go back, i lost interest

i'm no expert but i do believe that once on a website, i should be able to navigate to and from each page quickly and easily, everything should be hosted in one place and if a retail/pro site, should have it's own storefront.

there are loads of free stores and image galeries free on the internet, in fact, i'm sure coffeecup do an image gallery

Hi,
The site works fine, the pics are brilliant.
Not too sure about the font either, I find it a bit tricky to read.

(btw I am using flock so you know it works in a slightly more obscure browser)

Website works fine, loads fast, gallery is fine, even the photobox sales bit seems to be working - more than I can say for my photobox or tesco websites this morning!

Back