website writing question...

Edit My Images
No
just trying my hand at some coding, getting my head round it all! have an interesting situation - morea annoying than anything - involving browser compatibility. when viewed on firefox this is all fine and dandy (still not complete so don't rip it appart too much!). On IE its all horrible and misplaced...any idea how to stop that and make it look more normal?
I hate IE, it sucks *sre.

matt is your man for this, know much about CSS...he helped me with mine

Youve gone the right way about it anyway...

You design for Firefox, and tweak for IE. Firefox is w3c standards compliant, so if you get it right in that, you're most of the way there. Then you tweak for workarounds in Internet Explorer (which is the spawn of the devil of course).

cheers, 'tis my first time at php and includes - SOOOO easy! especially not having to dig around the html to whole time. next stop figure out a blogging thingy and integrate that into the site, hoping I can just use a php include on that as well

IE is something I believe has been dragged through the dregs of society, spat on a few times, eaten (and passed) by a large carnivore and then burried for several millennia...only to be unearthed by a burrowing mammal and some how ending up on our computer screens.
utter rubbish is another way of descibing it.

not a fan then...IE 7 is better though

well.i'm not convinced :p

been trying to integrate a php/blog thing into the current style...not as easy as I first thought...which is a pain. its easy to think what I'd like, tricky to execute it!

What software are you using to write in php? Is it dreamweaver and if so is it quite easy?

Sorry for the hijack.

yep dreamweaver, yes its fairly easy to see it as you write...again, IE not playing nice makes it a little tricky.
Also I'm trying to juggle wordpress into my site layout as well!

IE is poop.
It reads css differently to most browsers.
I had to re-write my site because of it.
I finished up using tables to create the navigation columns.

I've only had a quick look at your site, and the following may help with the formatting.

Change your content and img css to the following:

#content {
margin: 10px 0 10px 200px;
padding: 0 0 0 40px;
border-left : 1px solid #808080;
}

#img {
margin: 0px auto 10px;
text-align: center;
}

make sure you back up your current css before making any changes.

HTH

Back