WEC @ Silverstone

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening,

Let's just get it out of the way now. I hate Silverstone for photos. Scaffolding, portaloos, ugly backgrounds etc.

There, anyway, rant over. Some pictures having been sent along by a mag.

1. Go
G27P2411.jpg

2. I don't normally do editing... And I was drunk when I did this but I actually rather like it
G27P1034.jpg

3. No Smoking
G27P3641.jpg

4. Hi
G27P2281.jpg

5. Got a light?
G27P2208.jpg

G27P2571.jpg

Cracking set of shots. Love the panning shots. Very sharp and so much detail. This may be a stupid question but what's the secret to getting so much of the car in focus but blurring the background so much? Do you use a long focus length with a reasonable aperture? Thanks Rob

Hi Robert. Thanks very much. Which ones in particular and I'll let you know what I did :)

Thanks, number 4-5. I can see in the panning ones you probably used a high aperture to get the sense of speed. I just always wondered what type of lens pro photographers use when visiting these kind of events. They get so much in focus yet the background it blurred completely. This may be just because your closer to the action!

Both of those were shot with a 70-200 f2.8 lens. No. 4 was down at f2.8 and then quite a high shutter speed so the thing wasn't over-exposed. No. 5 was about f10 and about 1/400 because he was heading past me at about 90mph or so.

Panning shots are down to about 1/60th of a second and then a high aperture to stop it being hugely over-exposed :). Then it's lots of practice. Lots and lots. And then lots more

lovely.. processing is really nice too.. number 2 is my fave, closely followed by number 3. i was on the other side of the car in number 3, so could only get a shot of it looking a bit wonky :)

number 4 is nikki-lee clark.. tried to tag her on your FB but it wouldnt let me

lovely.. processing is really nice too.. number 2 is my fave, closely followed by number 3. i was on the other side of the car in number 3, so could only get a shot of it looking a bit wonky :)

number 4 is nikki-lee clark.. tried to tag her on your FB but it wouldnt let me

Cheers Gaz. Yeah Nikki has found me already so she has her copy :)

#2 is mega, I'm certain you could fool a fair few 'non' motorsport people by saying it's a F1 shot...

Nice one Jon - particularly like #3 - the image that is, not the sentiment from the caption :LOL:

btw, i always swore i wouldnt do b+w photos, but i only recently discovered its very hand for turning a badly exposed photo into something that looks arty ;)

You don't spend much time in other sections of TP do you Gary.... this is standard practice :bonk:

Great set as usual - really liking #8 although I can't decide what it is? the Nikki shot has a certain 'something' to it.

Gary - catch up. . . . . it's what all the modern photographers do, take a cr@p shot and turn it B&W and call it arty ;)

.DAVID.

The halo effect around the rear wheel in # 2 looks awesome :cool: thats a great bit of shooting and editing (y) but #3 is my pick of a quality set..
Cant leave without singing the praises of the Porsche 935 Turbo shot :clap: just one of my all time favourite cars :D
Clive.

Fantastic Jon, another vote here for #2. The B&W conversion really gives it some punch.

The girl in #4 is absolutely stunning, I think I'm in love.

Rhod

Really like all of these, it's the first time I've missed this in a few years due to choosing Cadwell for the BSB. The Smoking Porsche, Pretty face :D and the B&W are my favourites.

Nice one Jon - particularly like #3 - the image that is, not the sentiment from the caption :LOL:

You don't spend much time in other sections of TP do you Gary.... this is standard practice :bonk:

Cheers mate. Long time no see!

Great set as usual - really liking #8 although I can't decide what it is? the Nikki shot has a certain 'something' to it.

Gary - catch up. . . . . it's what all the modern photographers do, take a cr@p shot and turn it B&W and call it arty ;)

.DAVID.

it's some Porsche variant David. I'm not entirely sure beyond that...

Wow incredible set! Lovely colurs and all super sharp. That black and white shot in the rain is stunning!!!!

Cheers :)

The halo effect around the rear wheel in # 2 looks awesome :cool: thats a great bit of shooting and editing (y) but #3 is my pick of a quality set..
Cant leave without singing the praises of the Porsche 935 Turbo shot :clap: just one of my all time favourite cars :D
Clive.

I'm allowed No. 2 to go on the wall in the house by my wife. There can be no greater praise!

Fantastic Jon, another vote here for #2. The B&W conversion really gives it some punch.

The girl in #4 is absolutely stunning, I think I'm in love.

Rhod

Yes she did catch my eye... :wave:

Really good set, like all of them. 3, 4 and 8 are my favorites.

Really like all of these, it's the first time I've missed this in a few years due to choosing Cadwell for the BSB. The Smoking Porsche, Pretty face :D and the B&W are my favourites.

Cheers!

Back