1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WEC test at rainy Snetterton

Discussion in 'Photos : Motorsport' started by Gary, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Gary

Gary TPer Emeritus

Name:
    See above
    Edit My Images:
    No
    wet, cold, wet, cold.. brrr
    had trouble with some of the panning shots because i was shaking more than the image stabiliser could cope with.

[​IMG]
    1) Peppa Pig

[​IMG]
    2) wet

[​IMG]
    3) raining

[​IMG]
    4) apart from the vignette, that is the real colour of the sky!

[​IMG]
    5) oops

[​IMG]
    6) Torpedo

2. DemiLion

DemiLion

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I know the argument for watermarks (I use them myself for value shots) and especially how important they are in your game, but I think that No1 is one of the rare cases when overprinting really does completely mar the image. The photo is so subtle in tone and contrast due to the weather, that the overlay hides what looks like an otherwise great picture.

There's nada that you can do about it, but it would be nice to see the proper shot! :)

#2 like the moodiness of it lots - perfect racing colours to contrast the background.

#3 The prob with this is that you do them so well that they look straightforward & boring compared to the other shots, when I know that there's actually a huge amount of skill involved! :p

#4 Like the colours and tone of the pic, but there's just something that's niggling about the composition - illogical as it seems, I think that I want to see the opposite skew on it!

#5 Is timing (and dare I say a bit of luck?)

#6 Another really interesting shot which loses its impact a bit behind the overlay, but as an environmental pic it's great!

3. desantnik

desantnik

Name:
    Vlad
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Gary has to have the watermarks otherwise the thieving (rich) gits of GT racing would steal them. Sad isn't it?

Noticed you mentioned IS there Gary... really? You are using that?

I like the first one!

Do you have any normal (lol) shots of the weird Nissan thing? I've never seen that before - I only read about it on your Twitter! haha!

4. DemiLion

DemiLion

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Yup, fully aware of that, hence the:

comment! :)

Ref the IS, I've used it occasionally in footie when I'm shivering like a loon, but it's use with panning might be more awkward!

5. Gary

Gary TPer Emeritus

Name:
    See above
    Edit My Images:
    No
    youre right about the watermarks, they ruin some shots more than others. I'd actually been considering making them more obvious, but i think i'll leave them.

3) - nah, not really... probably not as hard as people think ;)

4) - i know what you mean.. if the car was more central or filled the width of the frame it might be better, but i was trying to get the name of the straight in the shot.. wasnt really sure it worked myself

5) lots of luck. i just got out of the car and it span off.. camera was still set to 1/250 from having the flash on it, so settings were all wrong. but could have been worse :)

thanks for the indepth comments

6. Gary

Gary TPer Emeritus

Name:
    See above
    Edit My Images:
    No
    i've always avoided using it, but now i got a lens long enough to get good head on shots, i've started using it a little when its dark. but mainly no :)

7. Gary

Gary TPer Emeritus

Name:
    See above
    Edit My Images:
    No
  8. desantnik

desantnik

Name:
    Vlad
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Is Batman driving it lol

9. Gary

Gary TPer Emeritus

Name:
    See above
    Edit My Images:
    No
    na na na na na na na na

10. Speedster502

Speedster502

Name:
    Adam
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Nice set despite the bad weather. Really liking #2 for some reason, the dark clouds work well!

11. Yves Geza

Yves Geza Urchin

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I suppose it's more promising if Krumm went off backwards in the DeltaWing and it didn't just understeer! :banghead: :LOL:

Thanks for sharing that capture!

12. Duncan16

Duncan16

Name:
    Duncan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Hi Gary, love these shots. As a newby unsure how I would get on in these conditions. A question I would like to ask is how do you get the watermark on the photos??

13. Duncan16

Duncan16

Name:
    Duncan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    What kind of settings did you used with the dull conditions, but able to catch the speed?

14. coopers

coopers

Name:
    Clive
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    #2 is my kind of shot (y) love it,and really do like the dark skies in #4
    Clive..