WEC test at rainy Snetterton

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
wet, cold, wet, cold.. brrr
had trouble with some of the panning shots because i was shaking more than the image stabiliser could cope with.

IMG_8009_xlarge.jpg

1) Peppa Pig

IMG_7452_xlarge.jpg

2) wet

IMG_7685_xlarge.jpg

3) raining

IMG_7843_xlarge.jpg

4) apart from the vignette, that is the real colour of the sky!

IMG_7020_xlarge.jpg

5) oops

IMG_6955_xlarge.jpg

6) Torpedo

I know the argument for watermarks (I use them myself for value shots) and especially how important they are in your game, but I think that No1 is one of the rare cases when overprinting really does completely mar the image. The photo is so subtle in tone and contrast due to the weather, that the overlay hides what looks like an otherwise great picture.

There's nada that you can do about it, but it would be nice to see the proper shot! :)

#2 like the moodiness of it lots - perfect racing colours to contrast the background.

#3 The prob with this is that you do them so well that they look straightforward & boring compared to the other shots, when I know that there's actually a huge amount of skill involved! :p

#4 Like the colours and tone of the pic, but there's just something that's niggling about the composition - illogical as it seems, I think that I want to see the opposite skew on it!

#5 Is timing (and dare I say a bit of luck?)

#6 Another really interesting shot which loses its impact a bit behind the overlay, but as an environmental pic it's great!

Gary has to have the watermarks otherwise the thieving (rich) gits of GT racing would steal them. Sad isn't it?

Noticed you mentioned IS there Gary... really? You are using that?

I like the first one!

Do you have any normal (lol) shots of the weird Nissan thing? I've never seen that before - I only read about it on your Twitter! haha!

Gary has to have the watermarks otherwise the thieving (rich) gits of GT racing would steal them. Sad isn't it?

Yup, fully aware of that, hence the:

I know the argument for watermarks (I use them myself for value shots) and especially how important they are in your game,

comment! :)

Ref the IS, I've used it occasionally in footie when I'm shivering like a loon, but it's use with panning might be more awkward!

I know the argument for watermarks (I use them myself for value shots) and especially how important they are in your game, but I think that No1 is one of the rare cases when overprinting really does completely mar the image. The photo is so subtle in tone and contrast due to the weather, that the overlay hides what looks like an otherwise great picture.

There's nada that you can do about it, but it would be nice to see the proper shot! :)

#2 like the moodiness of it lots - perfect racing colours to contrast the background.

#3 The prob with this is that you do them so well that they look straightforward & boring compared to the other shots, when I know that there's actually a huge amount of skill involved! :p

#4 Like the colours and tone of the pic, but there's just something that's niggling about the composition - illogical as it seems, I think that I want to see the opposite skew on it!

#5 Is timing (and dare I say a bit of luck?)

#6 Another really interesting shot which loses its impact a bit behind the overlay, but as an environmental pic it's great!

youre right about the watermarks, they ruin some shots more than others. I'd actually been considering making them more obvious, but i think i'll leave them.

3) - nah, not really... probably not as hard as people think ;)

4) - i know what you mean.. if the car was more central or filled the width of the frame it might be better, but i was trying to get the name of the straight in the shot.. wasnt really sure it worked myself

5) lots of luck. i just got out of the car and it span off.. camera was still set to 1/250 from having the flash on it, so settings were all wrong. but could have been worse :)

thanks for the indepth comments

Noticed you mentioned IS there Gary... really? You are using that?

i've always avoided using it, but now i got a lens long enough to get good head on shots, i've started using it a little when its dark. but mainly no :)

Is Batman driving it lol

I suppose it's more promising if Krumm went off backwards in the DeltaWing and it didn't just understeer! :bang: :LOL:

Thanks for sharing that capture!

Hi Gary, love these shots. As a newby unsure how I would get on in these conditions. A question I would like to ask is how do you get the watermark on the photos??

What kind of settings did you used with the dull conditions, but able to catch the speed?

#2 is my kind of shot (y) love it,and really do like the dark skies in #4
Clive..

Back