Wedding...A kiss and two candids....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The light looks awfully harsh, and both the candids show people doing up pins?? Not a fan, apologies.

Gary is right in that the light in No1 is harsh, there is a huge blown spot on the dress and the depth of field has me look at the tree as much as the couple. Have you heard of top shade? Basically if it is really sunny like this you need to get the couple OUT of that sun, under a tree, in the shadow of one, anything to get them out of direct sunlight.

No2 should have been shot from the other side because you would have got him looking down at the flower and not away from you and you would also have lost the people in the background.

No3 is easier to fix. Lose the lady on the left.

Hope those help somewhat. Some work needed on depth of field and positioning. :)

number 1.......whats wrong with looking at a tree as well as the couple. [couple have ordered a canvas of this print]
number 2....... if i had got him looking at the flower i would of lost the concentration on her face. and someone would of said that lol

number three..... I disagree.

thanks for the comments.

I'm not sure what you're after... Do you want constructive crit or are you going to argue with everyone who comments?

I think I'll refrain but Ali's view is pretty close to mine.

I am interested what other people think but I dont have to agree ....surely?

Or am I expected too?

NO but it would be nice if you explained why you disagree. What are YOUR thoughts on the image(s)?

number 1.......whats wrong with looking at a tree as well as the couple. [couple have ordered a canvas of this print]
number 2....... if i had got him looking at the flower i would of lost the concentration on her face. and someone would of said that lol

number three..... I disagree.

thanks for the comments.

Here are my comments.....

Number three I like the lady on the left having a nosey........lol

this seems to be happening a lot more recently.

to the OP, you have posted these and asked for people's opinions on them which they have kindly took time and done for you.

why argue with petty comments back? just means people will be less likely to comment on your future posts.

as for the comments, i agree, they look very 'grey' with little contrast due to the harsh sunlight and the tree does draw attention away from the point of the picture, the couple kissing.

ok thanks for the comments and all taken on board for the future.

is that better?

lol

this seems to be happening a lot more recently.

Normally repeat offenders, and a few bystanders who post very little in terms of photos but are quick to jump to the defense of the dummy spitters. It's just insecurity on all their parts.

Gary.

The first one is okay but could be a lot better if you had moved the couple away from the tree in background and used a wider aperture (I haven't checked the EXIF), it also looks like there has been a considerable amount of 'digital' fill flash used in post processing which gives the image a washed out look and lacking in contrast, I've had a quick go with small file and added a vignette to try and focus the attention on the couple, it is probably a bit strong but I have done it like this to try and demonstrate the point:

**Image removed at request of OP**

The second shot appears to have few blown highlights and some of this could probably have been avoided if you dialled the flash down a bit. Composition has already been mentioned by Ali so I won't go over it again.

Again, I agree with Ali on the third, make it a square format and it should look much better.

Thank you Hacker.....you have a way with words that others dont.

There has been some good advice in this thread particularly the point about strong sun and top shade. Whilst everyone else loves a sunny day for weddings the photographer needs to get the couple into the shade for portraits or shoot into the sun and be a bit more creative otherwise you will end up with images that look amateurish and uninspiring - I'm not saying these are but it is worth bearing in mind for the future.

(y)

I am flattered that you even know me.........??? do tell

I guess some people are nice and some are not.

I don't know you any more than I know the next person posting on TP. However, I remember PHOTOMAD and your OTHER accounts before you got banned from the forums, and now you are back, with a new name, but the same attitude.

Try saying thanks next time someone takes the time to help you, and don't spit the dummy.

Gary.

ok thanks for the comments and all taken on board for the future.

is that better?

lol

I did...

Photomad god forgot all about that, it must of been two years ago. You have a very good memory

ok 18 months ago then..........

whenever it was i must of made a lasting impression because I had even forgot that name until you mentioned it.

I know you like me really...lol

:eek: Gary, I didn't realise you had gone all van Gogh on us!! :LOL:

:D Ha!

ok 18 months ago then..........

whenever it was i must of made a lasting impression because I had even forgot that name until you mentioned it.

I know you like me really...lol

You spoke about the PHOTOMAD account a few weeks ago in another thread :D Look, I like everyone here. Just a ****er than the mods do all this work, and most members try and make it a cool place ot hang out. Then one or two take the huff at crit and wreck the joint :D

I think thick skin is the order of the day!!

Gary.

I only learned how to use top shade at the start of this year. I had struggled with shots like these before but if you'd rather I didn't pass on what I've learned then that's just fine with me. The training courses I've been on cost me a lot of money and you got that for free. Do carry on. :)

OK, that was stupid. And below the belt. Eejit.

thanks for that

going to delete the whole lot now

there is no point with prats like that on here.

the wedding couple know i have put some pics on line and i would hate for them to see this.

Last edited:
He's earned himself 7 days off for that. The start of many to be dished out. We've just had a delivery of ban-buttons, please expect them to be used before the end of the financial term.
And jolsterj, as youve removed the pics, I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back