Wedding album

sue

Edit My Images
Yes
We have just got our offical wedding album from the photographer after deciding on the photos, they are all very nice and a great memory, but have to say that family have got some good shots, and now I can see what can be done with pictures and a decent camera and some of the shots on here not as impressed as I was initally.

Aye, a wedding snapper will do the same pictures and poses for almost every job, it's a routine that ensures the bills get paid.

post processing time reduces the profit margin ;)

I will give you our story, which may be the same for everyone, you are all excited about the pics etc. you get the album and everyone looks, this lasts for about a month and then your lucky if you get it out again once a year.

I don't want to sound nasty or anything, but I was like 'I want the best' 'don't care about cost' 'we'll always be looking at it'.

But in reallity you don't. HTH. :shrug:

A friend of mine had the right idea I think. She had a beautiful A3 size of her & hubby in their bedroom and a couple of smaller pics of them with the guests... and that was it!

With regards to your pics Sue, are the pics your family & friends got very similar to what the tog took or are they more candid?
I was just wondering because although I think theres something to be said for the pics that others take at weddings, I reckon it would be a riot trying to watch a non-pro organise everyone into position. I wouldnt want the responsibility of someones big day I dont think ... but then again ...never say never!

In recent years with the trend towards informal reportage type shots at weddings, couples have been tending to drop the big group photo. Awkward though these shots can be to set up and arrange, I always tried to persuade them to have one taken. As Glen said, after the honeymoon the shots are seldom looked at but in 20 or 30 years time it's the group shot everyone goes for and finds fascinating. Who's dead - couples no longer together -who ran off with so and so - didn't he go to jail for something or other...? ;)

just went to a wedding tis weekend had bunch of group photos everyone uni friends, school friends bride familly grooms familly ect was quite funny watching the guy organise everything.

He did his best to make sure the backgrounds varied by organising the different groups in different places and getting the couple to move from group to group.

Took me a while to realise that there were two photographers one bossy git with a tripod a big canon inc battery grip, and a woman taking candids with another (I assume) cannon and a long lens and a P&S digi cam.

I didn't bother trying to get any of the shots that he setup didn't see the point on repeating although I did sneak a few that I thought funny the bride draped over a fireplace in an unnatural pose :)

Edit : I'd post the photo but have been warned it'd be in my best interests not to ;)

Back