Wedding as guest.

These are great, I really like how smooth the bokeh is in all of them, really makes the focused parts pop. What lens were you using?

These are great, I really like how smooth the bokeh is in all of them, really makes the focused parts pop. What lens were you using?

Thanks!

I think all posted here Canon 85mm 1.2L II, and then some others I used the CZ 35mm Distagon 1.4.

I thought I'd shoot as much wide open as possible.

I'm not an expert by any means, but these shots shout quality to me, the bokeh and the processing is superb.

I'm not an expert by any means, but these shots shout quality to me, the bokeh and the processing is superb.

Cheers!

The maid of honor asked me to shoot her Wedding, but I'm not sure I could stomach the responsibility!

Bloody Uncle Bobs!

:exit:

Lovely superb shots.

I recognise he woman in the last shot. Where was the wedding?

cheers Guys :)

Gonna start saving for the 1dx.. and maybe when I have the money, the next one will be out ;)

I absolutely love how your areas of focus work, they really draw your eye. Every one of these photos looks the business.

In image 4, I believe the two people on the left are the groom's parents. The groom being the one giving the speech. So that actually worked out awesomely!

Why the obsession with the !dx or 5d3 these look absolutely superb and the 5D2 is still an amazing camera

I'd like to work with faster shutter speeds in low light, too much movement and I get blur - but I don't want to increase the ISO so much it looks too grainy.

Either of these new bodies have better low light capabilities, not the 5dm2 is a slouch - but I think I'd get more keepers.

Also I understand the motor in the 1dx is pretty good for faster focussing with the 85mm 1.2.

And thank you!!

The last shot in this list was ISO1600, 1/80, 1.2

I'd never be a surgeon with my hands.

Last edited:
Some lovely photos Dan, and know what you mean about not wanting the responsibility. Well done :)

Cheers guys :)

I don't like it when people post using the 85mm f1.2 as I really want to get one, you are not helping....... :D

I was in the dog house when i got this lens :)

Bought a 5dm2 and went from a 50mm 1.8 to the 85mm 1.2 L in a few weeks..

It's not a change you can hide..

Stunning pictures - do you know the pro from the day?

The 1.2 looks an absolute beaute of a lens, coupled with the 5d2.

I'm suprised that you only had 1/80, I can see why you would want a better body, pushing the ISO to 3200 giving you the 1/160. That said, I think these photos are flawless :)

Stunning pictures - do you know the pro from the day?

Thanks! no I don't know the pro, I noticed he was using canon, 50mm 1.8 and a L zoom lens. I look forward to seeing how those came out.

Really nice:clap: I cant wait to have a go at weddings with digital I use to shot weddings 20 years ago, my how things have changed im going to a couple of weddings in the not to distant future think im gonna need some more cards.

Back