Wedding photobook - size, orientation, supplier

Edit My Images
No
Had a browse through the different threads and there certinly seems to be varying opinion on suppliers. I've used Cewe and Pixum before. Been happy with both. Just wondering if another supplier will give me a little more quality for a wedding photobook I need to do. I've tried Blurb but like other people don't like the software. Loxleys may be a bit over budget. We are working on a tightish budget here. If however Loxleys is FAR superior their Infinity may be a goer.

Prices from low to high seem to be Pixum/Cewe, BobBooks/Albelli, Loxley. Although "you get what you pay for" may hold true, it's not always true!

Any thoughts appreciated!

Interested to know too what size and orientation folks find best for wedding photobooks. I've used 8"x6" for non wedding books but feel it is too small for a wedding photobook. I'm thinking maybe 10x10 or 10x8.

In terms of orientation, my normal preference in order is square,landscape,portrait. Any thoughts?

Finally, some offer a "lay flat" option - is this worthwhile?

The MTA madison is a great book for a wedding with repositionable 10x10 prints that you can design in Photoshop and send to your favourite lab. They take 20-50 prints and are very nice when designed right. There's some decent software around to help design it.

The books you are looking at are not imo wedding books. They are more suited to portfolios. The layflat books are better than the other coffee tale style options.

Weddings are not cheap :)

Thanks Jim
I'm working to a tight budget so trying to go with the flow! The alternative is a £20 traditional album from WH Smith and sticking some prints in it!
I've tried googling mta madison and can't find what it is.

Back