Wedding photographers, how much?

Edit My Images
Yes
Im getting married in two years ish......so I dont get stung what would you say the average going rate is?

excluding them being printed and put into a book, and copy of 100 images on a CD

Thanks

Im getting married in two years ish......so I dont get stung what would you say the average going rate is?

excluding them being printed and put into a book, and copy of 100 images on a CD

Thanks

thats a bit if a how long is a piece of string question. Prices and ability will vary considerably.....and the two won;t always tie up. Ask to see work and references first

I think a better place to start is decide what you can afford (or are willing to pay), and then have a look at the work of photographers in that price bracket.

If you find one who looks to fit the bill then great, if not, consider apportioning a little more of your wedding budget to the photography.

In a recent survey of couples married in the last 12 months, 22% wished they had spent more £££ when choosing their photographer.

some of us arent very expensive, but experienced enough.

i know a few guys who are cheap because its not their number 1 type of shooting.

have a good look around

£800 for the whole day, two photorgraphers and you get a DVD of the full rez images is what I charge

Thanks for all replies so far :)

Research for the area in the lake district and venue area is giving about 1k mark on average for what am after.

Now just research into the photographers them self :)

Thanks for advice

£1000 is an approximate benchmark.
www.annahardy.co.uk/
www.nickt.co.uk/
http://www.kandephotography.co.uk/

or £3000 for something like this (but looks to me like these were shot before the wedding day):
http://www.alexpichon.com/published.php

You could get someone who is just starting out for £300-£500, but it's a bit more of a gamble as they're a) inexperienced & b) won't have a huge portfolio to show you

Aah, so this thread's where all my hits are coming from today :LOL: - cheers Will!

I agree with the majority on here - your budget is going to be the deciding factor really. Identify how much you want to spend on your photography, then look for local photographers in your region which meet that budget. Look at their portfolios and then when you find one whose style and budget match yours then give them a call :)

Edit: with the cheaper ones, just make sure they come with their public liability (and professional indemnity too) insurances :)

All the best,
Nick

Last edited:
We paid £1200 for Robin Frowley

For our money we got pre wedding shoot, unlimited shots on the day, a 14 x 11 inch Italian leather bound album of our chosen shots, the DVD of all the photos, and as a good will gesture he even threw in 4 free 12 x 8 prints

Edit: with the cheaper ones, just make sure they come with their public liability (and professional indemnity too) insurances :)

All the best,
Nick

I would do that with whoever you choose, it`s no guarantee just because they charge more they will have the correct insurance.

So on an off point would you say this is over priced

A friend of mine paid....

For the days photography, pictures in a book etc...£3000 odd

For the cd of pictures he was charged £1200 just for the cd!

That takin the pee?

So on an off point would you say this is over priced

A friend of mine paid....

For the days photography, pictures in a book etc...£3000 odd

For the cd of pictures he was charged £1200 just for the cd!

That takin the pee?

Not at all, depending who shot the photos, I think Yervant or Jeff Ascoff might be even more than this (and not sure they offer a cd of images).

The main thing is the client was happy with the 4k+ of product they bought

Realistically you want to spend £1000.

For that you'll get a decent photographer and a lot of images to choose from. Packages vary, but I was given 2 photographers from bride getting ready up til the first dance. I also got a very nice proper album and an additional £50 got me the DVD with all the images on (after the guests had bought the ones they wanted).

However, the single most important thing is the person themselves. They are key to the photographs (obviously) and quite a big part of the day. A good manner is as important as a good reference in my opinion.

You've time on your side, so start getting them round your house with their portfolios now.

I wouldn't leave it too late to book either, if you like them and they are good - someone else will think the same thing too.

Good luck in the hunt, it was one of the more enjoyable parts of my wedding planning :)

Last edited:
depends on who the photographer is. I charge £800 for two photographers, all day, and you get a CD of the images to print off as many as you want. Someone else will might only turn up for the wedding and speaches for that amount of cash.

Thanks

Someone else will might only turn up for the wedding and speaches for that amount of cash.

Yes but that doesn't mean you'll do a better job does it? ;) As you've said prices and packages vary. Incidentally your pricing is very competitive :) especially for two togs.

OP - I'd say allow £1,000 - £1,500 for full day coverage, album and hi res on disk. As you get nearer the time and look into it more you might find someone you like for £800, or £2,000+.

Probably safe to assume that you want a reasonable standard as you're obviously into photography.

ETA: oops just noticed you don't want an album.

Last edited:
Thanks for all replies so far :)

Research for the area in the lake district and venue area is giving about 1k mark on average for what am after.

Now just research into the photographers them self :)

Thanks for advice

Hi Robbo obviously this is the area I service, let me know if I can help at all as have alot of local Wedding Supplier contacts that I have worked with.

I also know alot of Wedding photographers over here, some that should be avoided at all costs !

Back