Wedding photographers using Fuji

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
No
Hey,

I am currently caught in a bind. I am a wedding photographer who has been using Canon for the better part of 7 years.

Having recently acquiring and loving the Fuji XT3 and a bevvy of lovely lenses, I am considering incorporating or even switching for my wedding work.

I am just looking for some suggestions on wedding photographers who currently use Fuji and also what their experiences are?

Many thanks

Kris

I'm not a wedding photographer and no longer using Fuji but Kevin Mullens is top and hes using Fuji now. Im sure I remember reading a review of his experience and he highly rated it. I'll try and find it but check out his instagram and here's his website

EDIT: Ok I didnt read it, this was the video.

Last edited:
If you're on Facebook mate, there's a Fuji X wedding photographers group, with loads of information and members who use Fuji for weddings.

Check out John Branch photography on YouTube. He uses a Fuji xt3 and does all his editing on an iPad!

I’m actually shooting my first wedding in 5 weeks using a Fuji xt3 16-55 and the 50-140 f2.8. Excited!

A good mate of mine 'Kevin Wyllie' is a Professional wedding photographer based on Ayrshire, Scotland and shoots exclusively Fuji X system using these; X-Pro2's -- X-T2 and a X-Pro1 as back up etc... Kevin uses Godox flash.

He's a Top guy..!!! Kevin is very approachable if you need any queries maybe answered.

https://www.ksgphotography.co.uk/

Last edited:
I have to admit I don't really understand the OP's concern

The current Fuji cameras are what may be referred to as DX, as in for Nikon's DX line-up including the then top pro-spec £3,500 D2Xs (which I started with as a pro Wedding Photographer), and which, by any form of comparison, is a HUGE pile of s*** compared to the XT3 - so yes, the XT3 is a perfectly good modern camera well up to the requirements of any Wedding Photographer

And also the range I'm aiming to change to shortly too after spending the day shooting with the entire range, with a Fellow of the SWPP in Wedding Photography who has used them as an ambassador now for some time, and who primarily shoots on jpeg as the files are so good he rarely needs raw files now (2nd slot though - just in case)

Dave

Hey,

I am currently caught in a bind. I am a wedding photographer who has been using Canon for the better part of 7 years.

Having recently acquiring and loving the Fuji XT3 and a bevvy of lovely lenses, I am considering incorporating or even switching for my wedding work.

I am just looking for some suggestions on wedding photographers who currently use Fuji and also what their experiences are?

Many thanks

Kris

Have moved to Fuji from Nikon but not shot any weddings with it yet. In normal shooting the only watchouts are the battery life. While the Nikon would easily do 1k+ you will need to have more spares for the Fuji. Aside from that, its not really any different.

I'm not a wedding photographer and no longer using Fuji but Kevin Mullens is top and hes using Fuji now. Im sure I remember reading a review of his experience and he highly rated it. I'll try and find it but check out his instagram and here's his website

EDIT: Ok I didnt read it, this was the video.

He he did my sons wedding in October 2018 absolutely superb images
And a lovely person too

Last edited:
I have to admit I don't really understand the OP's concern

The current Fuji cameras are what may be referred to as DX, as in for Nikon's DX line-up including the then top pro-spec £3,500 D2Xs (which I started with as a pro Wedding Photographer), and which, by any form of comparison, is a HUGE pile of s*** compared to the XT3 - so yes, the XT3 is a perfectly good modern camera well up to the requirements of any Wedding Photographer

And also the range I'm aiming to change to shortly too after spending the day shooting with the entire range, with a Fellow of the SWPP in Wedding Photography who has used them as an ambassador now for some time, and who primarily shoots on jpeg as the files are so good he rarely needs raw files now (2nd slot though - just in case)

Dave
To be honest my concern aren't particularly well articulated. Firstly, a reliable flash for the system. Having used DSLR's my entire life, it's a completely foreign world to me to switch and I never see anything Fuji based that seems to mention flash.

Secondly, I stitch a lot of images (brenizers & panos) with my canon's. Something I am struggling to do with the Fuji, more in terms of muscle memory and physical use rather than the files themselves.

And to be honest, I would just like to see some wedding photography done with this system to see what others are producing and potentially get some tips on gear/technique. :)

Godox have a good flash, around 100 on Amazon. You have flash sync far in excess of Nikon, think it may even work up to 1/4000

To be honest my concern aren't particularly well articulated. Firstly, a reliable flash for the system. Having used DSLR's my entire life, it's a completely foreign world to me to switch and I never see anything Fuji based that seems to mention flash.

Secondly, I stitch a lot of images (brenizers & panos) with my canon's. Something I am struggling to do with the Fuji, more in terms of muscle memory and physical use rather than the files themselves.

And to be honest, I would just like to see some wedding photography done with this system to see what others are producing and potentially get some tips on gear/technique. :)

Ah - that's a bit different then lol - and I can't help with the first 2 points

As others have said though, join the various Fuji groups for that as someone there is bound to be doing something similar to what you're asking and there's an awful lot of amazing Wedding work about shot on Fuji :)

Dave

I don't know any Fuji specific wedding photographers personally, but I've seen tonnes of great examples online. Someone already mentioned Kevin Mullins, he does some really nice 'documentary style' wedding stuff using all Fuji gear: https://www.kevinmullinsphotography.co.uk/wedding-photography/

This guy does weddings in NYC using Fuji gear [switched from Canon], from 2:10 on he talks about why he doesn't 'need' FF:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8le5eohUqp0

Godox are recommended everywhere you look these days for flash no matter the system. The V1 being one of their higher end, I guess. This guy uses one for weddings with the X-T3: https://trovatten.com/gear/godox-v1/

Best of luck :) What venue(s)?

The wedding is in Australia north of Sydney. I am doing the photography as a favour to the bride and groom, but also gives me a chance to try my hand at this genre of photography. It is very different from what I usually do!

The wedding is in Australia north of Sydney. I am doing the photography as a favour to the bride and groom, but also gives me a chance to try my hand at this genre of photography. It is very different from what I usually do!
Can I ask how did the wedding go? Would love to see some of your images

Can I ask how did the wedding go? Would love to see some of your images

It went relatively well (the couple love the photos, but I am quite self critical so definitely room for improvement!) but definitely started a bit nervy. As the day went on though I got more into it and felt relatively comfortable. The hardest parts for me were the posed photos, it isn't natural to me to do that so something I need to work on, but still got some nice ones with the couple at sunset. Conditions wise, ceremony was at 2pm and the sun was pretty much vertical which made the light very harsh. Thankfully the ceremony area was in a shaded area. For the family photos after the ceremony a fill flash would have been good, so something to purchase in the future.

I love my camera (Fuji X-T3) and it just reinforced everything I love about it throughout the day. It's autofocus is fast and accurate, the lenses I used are the sharpest I've ever used (16-55 f2.8 and 50-140 f2.8) and the film simulations (I use classic chrome) gave me a good start on the look I wanted to go for. Battery wise, definitely needed a few backups (I had 5 in total and used the battery grip).

I'll be putting a few on my Instagram soon so you'll be able to see there :).

Funny enough, I was at a wedding this weekend doing some videoing as a favour for my friend and their photographer was a Fuji shooter. He had the X-T3 with the 56 f1.2 and an X-Pro 3 with the 23 f1.4 and as far as I know that is what he stuck with throughout the day. He got some incredible images with it and moved over from Canon years ago.

I know this thread is a little old but I finally got around to putting some of my wedding photos onto my website (I said I would it has just taken waaaayyy longer than it should have).

Link is here: My Website Would love to know what you think. These were all taken with the Fuji X-T3 and either the 16-55 f2.8 or 50-140 f2.8.

Back