Wedding Photography - Catherine & Saul, a 2nds shots

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
On Saturday I dusted off the Christmas cobwebs and headed off to do some wedding photography at Down Hall House in Hertfordshire with Colin [Hacker]. I was warned Catherine and Saul are a fun couple, both having met and working in the entertainment industry - Catherine a dancer, Saul a singer - and we were not disappointed.

Here are a few of my pictures from the day, and there are more on the blog

1 The Dress

downhallwedding.jpg

2 The Bride

downhallwedding-21.jpg

3 The Venue - talk about WB issues - tungsten powered chandeliers above, blue-ish tinted white LED floor below :bonk:

downhallwedding-24.jpg

4 The Toast

downhallwedding-30.jpg

5 The Best Man

downhallwedding-33.jpg

6 The Cake

downhallwedding-37.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C always welcome.

Really nice pics you have there! Love the first one of the dress!!!

Good set Yvonne, love the last one.

Thanks Tom, that one really does sum up the couple very well (y)

Really nice pics you have there! Love the first one of the dress!!!

Thanks Katrina, you know when you walk in a room, dump the tonne of camera gear you have just lugged up the stairs, look up and just 'see' a shot? The 1st one was one of those moments ;)

Excellent stuff Yv, thanks again for your help - a pleasure as always!

The last one is brilliant. Fun, shows the happiness of the day. Overall, what wedding photography should be.

Excellent stuff Yv, thanks again for your help - a pleasure as always!

Discs ready but will pop over with them and collect my bag at same time :bang: :LOL:

Can't pick a favourite. Great work, lovely and crisp!

Thankyou (y)

The last one is brilliant. Fun, shows the happiness of the day. Overall, what wedding photography should be.

Can't disagree :D

A brilliant set Yvonne, as always I love your work (y) I love the cake cutting one (y) made all the better for the detail retained in the dress, they look like a fantastic couple to work with (y)

Matt

Thanks, they were Matt, and of course very natural at 'performing' as it what they do every day, we had a great time with them. (y)

Very crips images.

Love cake cut.

Only c&c (and I'm on iPad so could be wrong) but I think some of the images are a teeny weeny bit under exposed.

Cheers.

Dav

Great set love the shot of the cake on its own and the cutting of it..

I have taken a few cup cake photos (all trendy now) myself but that once is pretty cool

Some very stunnning images, can i ask what lens you used? Also how much PP you did?

Thanks All (y)

Dav - funnily enough they look the smallest tad under on my MBP too, but fine on the calibrated iMac

Luga - a mix of Nikon 24-70 and 70-200 VRII [the exif is intact if you want to view full settings]. PP is mainly straightforward curves adjustment and a very gentle Portraiture layer for skin tones, then resized, sharpened for web and thats it. The only extra would be an exposure and/or fill light + WB tweaks in Lightroom if its needed, plus a vignette on the cake cut. ;)

Nice Set.

I find the Dark Vase a bit distracting in number one. But I love the concept and it's a great shot.

Thanks for sharing.

Matt

Lovely tones to these images Yv,.......... I'm glad those cup cakes were 200 miles from me, i'd have destroyed them while the others were in the ceremony :D

Back