Beginner Wedding photography courses around London - are they worth it/recommendations

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I’m new to this forum and am hoping for some advice/recommendations.

I’ve done a few weddings for friends/family, and found I enjoyed doing them. I’m now thinking about taking a wedding photography course/workshop to help build by skills etc further.
Has anyone taken one of these in/around London, and if so did you find value in it?

As with everything, these things can often look good on a web site, but the actual experience falls short of expectations.

Thanks in advance

As with everything, these things can often look good on a web site, but the actual experience falls short of expectations.

Nail on t'head

Wedding Photography requires a huge range of skills and experience that no-one is ever going to be able to teach on a simple course, and while I don't know anything about London specific courses, I have been on lots of others around the UK from time to time. You will pretty much always pick up something from each course you go on, but none will be the golden ticket to doing them well and obviously in helping you develop your own style too

The simplest course of action is to go on several as even 'recommended' ones aren't necessarily what you're after, only that the person happy to recommend one got what they were after from it

Good luck

Dave

Theres courses and courses. Some show you how to shoot a wedding (for want of a better description) other focus more on the business side. Some do both.
You may learn a lot or learn nothing, theres so many variables and your skill level as well.
The best way to learn is do some weddings as a second shooter, you'll see the tricks and tips you may not get on a course and get real world experience.

The best way to learn is do some weddings as a second shooter, you'll see the tricks and tips you may not get on a course and get real world experience.

Which is why I always think someone acting as a second 'for experience' should pay the main tog rather than think giving over their images for free is enough - long rant on that one avoided (narrowly) lol

Dave

If you are considering online options then it would be worth looking at The Wedding School which is run by Susan Stripling. Although US based it’s international in its reach and the support provided by Susan and fellow members in their Facebook groups is exceptional.

Hi all

I’m new to this forum and am hoping for some advice/recommendations.

I’ve done a few weddings for friends/family, and found I enjoyed doing them. I’m now thinking about taking a wedding photography course/workshop to help build by skills etc further.
Has anyone taken one of these in/around London, and if so did you find value in it?

Thanks in advance

I'm sure its a controversial viewpoint, but if you're confident in your ability as a photographer then just advertise honestly about your experience and do a few that way. You'll learn far more then any course you could do

Last edited:
Back