WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY COURSES

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 92875

Please don't remove posts just because you don't like the answers...
Hi there. I am a keen amateur photographer looking to gain some experience in the world of wedding photography. In other words, I am looking to do a course. I am interested in either the Trained Eye or David Paul's wedding course at the moment. Has anyone any experience of these courses or perhaps you could point me in another direction?

Please don't remove posts just because you don't like the answers...
That isn't being very objective. David Paul's course is more of an apprenticeship whereas once you've completed the academic module you go on to assist him at some of his high end weddings where you learn how to manage the wedding day. I believe the Trained Eye offer something similar. Have you any experience of either course?

It’s been very objective. You asked for input.i assume you didn’t like the answer. I did the trained eye course 10 years ago before I knew better.

Regarding David Paul why on earth would a high end photographer put someone infront of his clients as a trainee? Or need the income as a successful business? Do his clients know or are they sold two experienced photographers

Last edited:
Regarding David Paul why on earth would a high end photographer put someone infront of his clients as a trainee? Or need the income as a successful business? Do his clients know or are they sold two experienced photographers

Totally agree. They are probably actually not as successful a photographer as they make out. Same as all the 'photographers' on YouTube etc. If they were that successful, then they would be busy shooting all day long.

And the fact that they are not successful or busy means they are doing something wrong, which generally means they pass this wrong information along.

Also boyfallsdowns first post is so valid, that I feel these so-called 'wedding courses' should be shut down under fraudulent misrepresentation.

Hi there. I am a keen amateur photographer looking to gain some experience in the world of wedding photography. In other words, I am looking to do a course. I am interested in either the Trained Eye or David Paul's wedding course at the moment. Has anyone any experience of these courses or perhaps you could point me in another direction?

That isn't being very objective. David Paul's course is more of an apprenticeship whereas once you've completed the academic module you go on to assist him at some of his high end weddings where you learn how to manage the wedding day. I believe the Trained Eye offer something similar. Have you any experience of either course?

Please don't remove posts just because you don't like the replies you get.

I was hoping this forum would provide some positive responses, particularly with regard to learning and developing as a photographer. However, I have been met with almost universal negativity which I feel is bad for my mental health. It is my right to delete my posts. I have requested that you delete my membership ASAP. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back