Wedding photography

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few images from recent weddings I have done - the first two aren't really album material as they look a bit too moody, dark & atmospheric to represent a brides special, happy day imo.

First two images are from my first ever wedding & the 3rd image is from my third wedding, C&C regarding the photography welcome & appreciated (y)

0510.jpg

046.jpg

3. Far too saturated after being saved for web but here it is anyway :)

01_2nd.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

Love the first one most Michael, but as you say. not an album shot, kinda has a Carlos Clarke feel to it.
Second shot is okay, but not my cup of tea. sorry.
Third is a cracker too, bet the happy couple loved that one.
Thanks for sharing
Dean:)

I like the first one, but in a "the brides been stood up" sort of way, it just says that to me :D

Love #1 Mike, very moody and looks like there is a story behind it(y)
#3 brighter and more cheerful but with storm clouds in the background. TFS.

(y) 1st two great shot as photographs, 3rd is a really nice art wedding shot I am sure they will treasure!

HONESTLY :D

im not to keen on the 1st as you say a bit to moody for the occasion

the second does not rock my boat just me ..

the 3rd i like alot nice space left in the shot ..great background just goes to prove you dont need a very bright sunshining day for a great shot..

all imho

md(y)

I love the first and third shots, agree with you on the first one not being an album shot, but still a great photograph and number 3 is a lovely wedding shot!

definitely not the right feeling for a wedding day - well, unless the bride's a goth that is :)
Well there's a niche' if ever I heard one ( seriously) I am sure Goth's must have wedding photo's............
Nice set Mike (y)

Love that first shot, it's great and I wouldn't give a stuff if it's not album material.

That, the fact that I just don't like no.3 whilst everyone else does and that I was considering offering a wedding service with his and hers books, to help out "later"..... is why I don't do weddings. :D

I love both #1 & #3. (y)

1st shot has a very austere feel to it, like images of old, hence the processing suits it very well.

I love #3 too, it has such a light, dreamy feel to it ... marred only by the groom looking a little stiff.

If I was getting wed Mike ... Id book ya! :D

marred only by the groom looking a little stiff.

I'd hardly say that's marred. If he's not that way inclined on his wedding day it's going to be a long lonely stretch. :cautious:

I'm going to go against the grain here because I think the first two are album material if used properly, if they were mine I'd up the exposure slighty, lower the opacity by about 50% and use them as album background shots with other images overlaid.

Lovely shots Mike! (y)

Do you mean like if it was cut-out and shadows added hacker?

I think #1 is fantastic, just gives the right atmosphere (doubts?) of what (almost) everyone (male & female) feels like at this time just before the "big step"! Album material for me.

#3 is great and what every wedded couple would love to be cought in!:)

1 and 3 for me :)

2 doesn't do anything for me, sorry :)

Thanks for the feedback (y)

I'm going to go against the grain here because I think the first two are album material if used properly, if they were mine I'd up the exposure slighty, lower the opacity by about 50% and use them as album background shots with other images overlaid.

Lovely shots Mike! (y)

Cheers Colin, I'm not sure if I'm going to put together an album for this one but if I did, I'd definitely consider the background idea.
Your new websites looking great btw (y)

I think #1 is fantastic, just gives the right atmosphere (doubts?) of what (almost) everyone (male & female) feels like at this time just before the "big step"! Album material for me.

#3 is great and what every wedded couple would love to be cought in!:)

Cheers for the feedback, very much appreciated (y)

ok, no.1 isnt album material as is , but its certainly commercial. i,d even use that at a wedding fair.or as background , faded under a montage maybe.
the same for number .2. no, i take that back. no.2 would go into an album.
i love the third one too.
as for number 3, some of our customers have actualy requested shots as loud as that , which weve snook into the proofs as experiments occasionaly.
it definitely makes an impact.

Just love the third one mate, how much post pro went in to it???

Hardly any at all tbh, there was the usual Levels/Curves, Brightness/Contrast & I adjusted the hue/saturation for the yellow/orange tones. The sky was nice & even for the exposure I went for (y)

ok, no.1 isnt album material as is , but its certainly commercial. i,d even use that at a wedding fair.or as background , faded under a montage maybe.
the same for number .2. no, i take that back. no.2 would go into an album.
i love the third one too.
as for number 3, some of our customers have actualy requested shots as loud as that , which weve snook into the proofs as experiments occasionaly.
it definitely makes an impact.

Cheers for that mate (y)

Trust me, goths have wedding photographers :p

First one is great, in a Miss Havisham sort of way.

Second is one of those that I can't fault, but don't get much feeling out of.

Third is a nice shot, but the groom's arm at his side looks odd (or 'stiff' as someone put it). You'd have thought he'd have been holding his bride :D

First one is great, in a Miss Havisham sort of way.

Second is one of those that I can't fault, but don't get much feeling out of.

Third is a nice shot, but the groom's arm at his side looks odd (or 'stiff' as someone put it). You'd have thought he'd have been holding his bride :D

This is exactly what I was going to type on all three :razz: as soon as I saw #1 I loved it but thought Miss Havisham.

I would add that I feel that the third just doesn't feel natural. Even the bride looks a bit stiff in the kiss.

I do think they are all good shots though (y)

I like all three. The first two definitely have a ghostly air to them but they are very good nonetheless :)

Back