Critique wedding

Name
Ludovic
Edit My Images
Yes
hello,
it's my first critique post, so what do you think about this picture, it was taken during a wedding this summer.
Thanks.

View media item 12565

Last edited:
its a silhouette....
better to see the folks and in a better composition
no one could guess it was a wedding shot...;)

Honestly, I think this is best deleted. It doesn't really work

Why on earth delete it, the guy is making his 1st post here asking for critique! :thinking:
@Ludo_r

As has been said it doesn't really convey the idea of a wedding, there is nothing clearly identifiable.
The white background seems to have been painted on and it is not without faults as it can be seen where some bits have been missed.
What were you hoping to achieve with it, does that style have any specific significance in your country?

Why on earth delete it, the guy is making his 1st post here asking for critique! :thinking:
@Ludo_r

As has been said it doesn't really convey the idea of a wedding, there is nothing clearly identifiable.

Assume I'm free to post critique still? You have a Problem report it.

Oh good, another new poster about to be caught up in a stupid argument after asking for advice
I often wonder if some think TP stands for total pwicks

So ignoring all that, I'd suggest moving yourself more side on to get the features in profile and centrally framed in the arch, this would help identify the couple and stop her veil looking a bit like a beard. Good idea, just needs practice

Thanks all ! It was just a try, I wanted a backlight, I kept the left background to show an arch of church (to think wedding).
I will try to be better the next time ...

The thing is Ludo do you like it? next does the couple like it? anyone and everyone has their own ideas about a photo
Show a picture of a pencil and ask the same question and you will get everyone saying it should have been done this way or lite that way or any of a hundred different ways.

So as for your photo as it is different from other "Wedding" photos it is outside the norm one expects. If the photo situation is explained as you have done then yes it is easier to understand, but without the explaination it looks like a couple standing side by side.
AS for a serious wedding photo, no I don't think it works , as a "fun" addition to a wedding photo set then you might just get away with it..
It is a clever idea but the couple need to be a little lighter to show it is a wedding shot. Remember the bride has taken a lot of effort to present herself the best way possible with dress -hair-makeup etc and a photographer should reflect that in the photo.

Last edited:
Silhouettes work best when the shapes are really interesting. Unfortunately we can't tell this is a wedding so it seems to be two random people just standing there. Maybe if you'd caught them facing each other and holding hands, fully framed by the archway, you might have been on to something.

It's good to see someone trying something different.
New members bring fresh ideas to the forum, some of which work and some that don't. It gets others thinking of how they might do it.

Personally, I don't think it conveys the idea of a wedding, but thanks for posting. :)

Silhouettes work best when the shapes are really interesting. Unfortunately we can't tell this is a wedding so it seems to be two random people just standing there. Maybe if you'd caught them facing each other and holding hands, fully framed by the archway, you might have been on to something.

I agree rather a lot with this

thank you for your replies, @realspeed of course I have more formal pictures, but this picture was different, and I liked it. But I knew the conditions (wedding), and I understand your replies.

Back