Weekend wedding pics

AliB

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Shot my first ever Asian wedding at the weekend and it was a long day! Two ceremonies in one day. I was shooting with a colleague from the SWPP because it's really too much for one tog to shoot at the top of his/her game for 13 hours! We did have fun though :)

Reena_frame.jpg
[/IMG]

Reena_frame2.jpg
[/IMG]

MG_8081.jpg
[/IMG]

Back to processing the images today :wacky:

The windows are doors at the top of the stairs and there was nothing I could do about them other than keep them symetrical. A bit of backlighting is not that bad, I can think of a lot worse, in fact I've removed a lot worse including a farmyard at one wedding :)

Thanks for the comment.

The 2nd and 3rd shots are great, I just think that there is to much black in the 1st shot.
Saying that though the bride will still like it.

I've got lots of the traditional bride and groom shots, family shots, bridesmaids etc too Luke. Just that I processed the bridal ones first!

Thanks Mark, I've got three version of that one with sequentially more black so they can choose how much of the stairs they want. The stairs as they faced me were yellow and if I leave them in they very quickly become annoying and are way too dominant. I just got rid of them! lol.

Thanks guys. :)

I must confess there is something about the first one I really like, having said that they are all fantastic shots.

I love the first one, the bride looks radiant and happy and the processing gives it a very punchy feel - I am sure she will love it.

Number 2 is again well shot but the pose looks a bit uncomfortable and there is something that doesn't feel quite right but I can't put my finger on it - good mono processing as well.

I'm afraid the third shot is the weakest out of this set (for me), I find the brickwork distracting, the white wall looks like one of those sloppy borders and overall the image looks a bit dark and gloomy, maybe a splash of flash camera right or a reflector would have helped.

No offence meant by these comments, just trying to give some honest C & C.

(y)

1 for me lovely photo

I was asked to do a wedding the other day but the idea just scares me to death!!!

At web sizes, I think I prefer #2 (though I'd be tempted to do something with that dark line 1cm from the left). I think #1 will be impressive when seen a lot larger.

loving no 1

:clap:

md(y)

I've looked at these yesterday and again today,

No1 I think is superb and I bet it would look good in a large size. I like the dress, the look on her face and also the light from the window! At the end of the day it would be easy to clone out the window if she doesn't like it! Superb shot. (y)

No2 is the weakest methinks. It does nothing for me, lacks a bit of punch and has no 'wow' factor!

No3 is a good portrait, there is lots of natural light from the window and I think you have chosen the right crop! I did notice the brickwork but I think the B&G will find it acceptable as it will bring in a part of the exterior style of the building into the pic. It's all about memories.

sorry about No2.

Loving number 1 - just wish that chap's sillouette wasn't on the (camera) Right Hand window.

Number 3 I'd be tempted to tone down the colours of the brick work a little.

Good show!

I've got rid of the silhouette in the first one and it does have a much nicer symmetry to it so I'm happy with it now. Printed it A3 and it's not only going to the B&G, it's going to the venue too. Happy tog! :)

Thanks guys and gals.

Back