weekly / monthly weigh in

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
i have promised myself i will lose some weight this year .. i see a few others have said the same does anyone fancy a weigh in . just a bit of fun you dont have to say what you weigh just what your target is. then every week /month let everyone know how you got on. you can not cheat here because the only person you are cheating is yourself..
hope a few people are interested as it might give us a little more of a push to keep up the good work we always start off doing..:naughty:

ps my target will be 30lbs no time limit as long as it comes off and stays off.:help:

Sign me up for that Dave - I need to shift 2 to 2.5 stone! I'll be glad to post progress! Don't mind posting weight but I'll go with the flow!

I need to shift quite a bit. I was a chubber anyway, but to top it off, Christmas has not been kind to me at all.

Someone lied to me and told me there are no calories in food between the 15th of December and the 6th of January.

Yeah thats a fun idea. Ive got a big belly at the mo. How is this going to work though???

Shall we just start a thread once a week or will you start it since it was you idea.

Im nearly 13 stone. My ideal weight is around 11 so...

Might aswell keep it to one thread, easier to keep track then. And continually post your updates to it.

I don't think I need to shift any weight...... just have to convert it to muscles. Actually, might just put this on my new year resolutions - to work on my badminton back hand shot and my fore hand lobbing from one end of the court to the other end. I can just about get one end of the court to about more 2/3rd of the way on the other half.

Count me in.

I was diagnosed as having type 2 diabetes in September and have so far lost 4st...so just another 9st to go! :embarrassed:

I don't think I need to shift any weight...... just have to convert it to muscles. Actually, might just put this on my new year resolutions - to work on my badminton back hand shot and my fore hand lobbing from one end of the court to the other end. I can just about get one end of the court to about more 2/3rd of the way on the other half.

I used to be pretty nifty on the badminton court, havent played for about 5 years though.
I was thinking of getting back on court to tone up too but, unfortunately for me my stake in Geen & Blacks means I do have excess weight to shift as well! :(

I used to be pretty nifty on the badminton court, havent played for about 5 years though.
I was thinking of getting back on court to tone up too but, unfortunately for me my stake in Geen & Blacks means I do have excess weight to shift as well! :(

Fancy a game? :D We're short of players at the moment (due to injury, babies, evening classes, etc). Could do with a few new recruits. So if anyone in Cambridge/Ely fancies badminton on Wednesday evenings 6pm-8pm, give me a shout. We usually play doubles... unless less than 4 people turn up. :(

I think we have already done this here
but i also think most of us went off it too!!!!

So we will start again...perhaps Marcel will make his excellent (excel !!!) spreadsheet available to us again?? :)

Well I need to lose 6 stone.... my goal is a mere 8lb a month. I think being held accountable is a great idea... now I just need a scale!

I think a monthly weigh in is better as it is more indicative of actual loss our weight fluctuates a few pounds here and there from day to day and seeing that you did your best and only lost 1 lb is disheartening whereas over a month you can see the fruits of your gains. The other big one is to do a hip and belly measurement as this takes into account the fat to muscle turn!

It's still on my website from last time Janice (I think).

If it's there, it will be at www.marcelbooth.co.uk/m/ Have a look in there, it should be the only spreadsheet / .xls file in there. If it's not there anymore I've (obviously) deleted it, but can reupload it no problems :)

sounds like its a runner
once a month say the first we will all weigh ourselves and hey presto watch the lbs drop off ..
i missed the last one so if our good man marcel could sort something out for us it would be must appreciated ..
pig out people we are still on holiday :naughty:

Hmmm could be up for this, dont know if once a month would be enough to keep me going, maybe oncve a fortnight would be better for me personally but thats just me, hmmmm no idea how much i need to loose, but really need to loose quite a bit.

How about we update as and when we're all comfortable? Some people could do it once a month, some every fortnight or some every week....We can keep it up as a dieting thread, sharing tips etc.

(y)
i was thinking the same thing mate .
i for one will be posting in once a fortnight and as for the waist and hips another good idea . i did do this once before but as normal i lost the paper with all the measurements on it :bonk:

I did start weight watchers last year, and it was good, but the leader made us feel bad if didnt loose, and working shifts its not always easy to make meetings and eat regular meals and do planned regular exercise, this would be great for me I think. Bit like weight watchers, but nothing but support and ideas and help, and no hassle for not posting for a month or something if busy working. Looking forward to it.

thats spot on sue .thats what its all about getting where you want to be at your own pace.
its not a race

ITS OUR LIFES..

Yep, I'd be up for this (again :LOL:). I need to lose about a stone to get back to where I feel comfortable.

Yep...we'll all do this together...it makes a difference to have friends involved too. (y)

I'm in

I have to much belly right now, so I plan on loosing it by exercising only. Good luck everyone!

I have had a 100% alcohol free Xmas and New Year. I'm not a big drinker anyway, and with working, I just haven't bothered.

I might partake once Ive gotten rid of all the selection boxes and leftover christmas food :p

Same here.... once the food in the house has got back to normal and I am back to work on Tuesday it should be a bit easier! I hope!! :D

Same here too - desperately trying my hardest to work my way through all the chocolate we have left :D Can't let it go to waste now ;) :p

desperately trying my hardest to work my way through all the chocolate we have left :D Can't let it go to waste now ;) :p

No, that would be very remiss of you, and quite irresponsible too!! ;)

Just force yourself, it will soon be over, you will soon be able to tuck into that lettuce! :D

just a thought....since this is a photography talk thingy...and you lot want to loose weight...why dont you photograph everything you eat?

another thing how come its not till you are at least a stone and a half too heavy before you actually notice? you wonder around oblivious to the fact that you are getting bigger then one sad day you catch sight of yourself and cringe. i had one of those days recently ....someone just put a magnum classic down in front of me as i type ...back soon!

Ok, well I officially start my healthy eating as from today. Most of the junk food has now gone and been replaced with fresh fruit, veggies and other healthy stuff. Work is the most difficult aspect for me as I can work some really irregular and long hours with unpredictable breaks for food, and there are always tins of chocolates and biscuits around to tempt me...

Sweet stuff is my downfall as I really do have a sweet tooth, but I am determined to do that nude shoot in the summer, so here goes....

Pasta, sweetcorn & pasta sauce with mozzarella cheese for lunch today, followed by fruit and a yoghurt :)

Forgot to weigh myself this morning :bonk: so just jumped on the scales now, and I'm 10st 5lb. I'm 5'3" tall, so that makes my BMI 25.6. I'll take my measurements later, but I'm not posting them :p

Good stuff there mini, I'm still working on my christmas junk though,lol :D My family knows I'm a junkie so they buy me waaaay to much at christmas time!

Jewel

My family knows I'm a junkie so they buy me waaaay to much at christmas time!

Jewel

LOL You really need to change that phrase for us brits ;)

That phrase has slightly worse connotations over here that it does in Canadialand :D

Back