Welcome to 2006 (as featured on BBC1)

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Well I don't know about anyone else but I was up at 7am and out by 7:30am to capture the New Year sunrise. Thankfully I was able to judge the angle of the sun and was in the prime spot to have the sunrise as the background to the Liverbuildings.

CRW_4380-01.jpg

CRW_4459-01.jpg

Now before everyone says its over-exposed, noisey and wrong on lots of levels, I like this. Its in the same style as those very very old photos I've seen.

CRW_4534-01.jpg

I really love this one. Early fisherman getting his first fishing go in for the new year. Liverpool in the background, the sun light on the Mersey. It just fitted nicely into place. Now the reason why I got up early was because I suddenly remembered last night that the BBC Northwest team wanted pics of New Year. The sun dawning on 2006 I thought would be good. So I got this shot and sent it in, and I was just watching tv and it was on TV!!! They actually said, "or capturing the sunrise like Peter Carr." ON TV! Couldn't believe it. One of my resolutions was to push my photography more, to up the pimping of it. Well job done :D

I also sent in a shot from the fireworks, while it wasn't technically taken on New Years day I have seen plenty of shots on TV that were never taken when they were supposed to be. That one was shown for ages! I was so happy seeing my sunrise shot blink past that I just couldn't believe they showed the fireworks one for as long as they did. So now I've got to top this by the end of 2006 or I won't have acomplished anything :)

CRW_4191-01.jpg

That one :D

I did have some other news for this thread, but its kinda overshadowed by the BBC thing now. Its still cool tho. A few months ago a friend of a friend asked if she could use one of my images in her magazine. I let her use it for free since it was a non-profit orginisation. It was this shot;

wpinnochio.jpg

"The death of Pinnochio"

It was taken for the OcUK Photo comp - "Wood" theme. I changed my mind last minute won that round. Anyway, they really loved the image and asked to use it in the mag. I asked if they could put my name and web address on it which they kindly did. On Saturday I got copies of the magazine through. It looked very cool. Proper glossy magazine and everything with my picture on a full page advert.

CRW_4574-01.jpg

CRW_4572-01.jpg

The coolest part is that its in Brazil! People in Brazil will be looking at my picture and going "ooh" (hopefully) :) Brazil! Its like the other side of the world!

/me faints.

3rd and 4th ones are great. Must admit I'm not completely convinced by the style of the first two. They both look way over-processed which I guess is what you were going for, but its not for me. :)

I like #2 and #3, but #1 is less dramatic.
I like the faux-grain effect as well.

Props for the magazine spread:thumb: .

I wasn't going for over-processed. That doesn't sound like a fun style :) I was going for mood. The first one might look a tad burnt out at the top, but I'm sure the rest of it looks fine as a firey sunrise. The 2nd was in the style of very old photographs. I can't imagine 80 years ago someone saying "nah looks too photoshopped" ;)

marvelous stuff Pete, very nice to see your winning!

The shots are nice, i really like #2, works very well for me, the others are good, but thats the best!

Back