Welcome to...

Edit My Images
Yes
welcome-360.jpg

Processed to give an urban and slightly grimy look/feel. Initially was going to go with a typical city dweller, until this chap came along who is pretty much everything Birmingham isn't typically associated with. Thanks for looking and I look forward to your thoughts and comments.

Large link...http://www.flickr.com/photos/46180527@N03/7902803656/in/photostream/lightbox/

It's a good idea and I can see what you were trying to achieve. For me though the man is too small and any visual impact from him is lost. It's not screaming urban at me, not sure why but maybe it's because there is too much of the quite clean brickwork at the top. The stairs and graffiti work so maybe worth getting closer and trying some different angles, subjects etc.

I do like it and I understand the POV with the 'Birmingham' graffiti - I am secretly willing him to go up the stairs :D
Another nice one 'in your style'.

[Edit] maybe I would crop the top layer and make it a letterbox :shrug:

Last edited:
I like this. I think you need all the elements in there. yes it's a shame the walker doesn't appear more prominently, but I think the shot needs everything that's already in it. I agree with gramps though...I'm willing him up the stairs :LOL:

I might be tempted to saturate those colours a smidge more, but that's just me.

so so sorry for the late reply, folks. Posted a reply on the tp app on android but it obviously didn't register. Please accept my apologies. Not sure on a mono as the graffiti really makes this shot, and if anything the sat could do with a boost as suggested, IMHO. DIfferent angle would lose the stairs and the effect they have so not sure on that , but will nip back one day soon and have a try.

Thanks again folks, and again, sorry for the late reply.

yes i too have to agree with gramps but i do like this shot though very much.

Back