welding glass

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
hi just been out to try a piece of welding glass!!! 1st atempt so not to disapionted, but what are the marks on the image :shrug:
DSC00042.jpg

The marks are probably floors in the glass, that is the difference between paying £5 compared to £100.

Yep as said above looks like leaking light. Eye piece cover should sort it. Also try a make sure you've got a perfect seal where you've mounted you glass.

Last edited:
I've had a dabble with welding glass and had some strange marks and weird colours and discovered it was light leaking through the eyepiece, solved it by fitting the eyepiece cover and bingo problem solved

Yep as said above looks like leaking light. Eye piece cover should sort it. Also try a make sure you've got a perfect seal where you've mounted you glass.

or right i new i had forgot something thanks ill try that next time
im not sure i like the effect although i think it need trying on a sea shot instead of local res

or right i new i had forgot something thanks ill try that next time
im not sure i like the effect although i think it need trying on a sea shot instead of local res

I often prefer to shoot in mono with welding glass unless you have Photoshop to edit the green effect caused by the glass.:cool: Yes and the more movement in the water / sky the better!

i had this problem with a big stopper
the marks are the reflection of the lens due to light leaking behind the filter

Back